Losing weight quickly.

Options
Any suggestions on diet pills/supplements or fat burners or diet plans to try? I want to ramp up my weight loss for a while to loose 10-15 pounds. I think this will give me a boost of confidence in my weight loss journey. I know it's not the best or healthiest way to loose weight but the one down fall I have is when I am trying to lose weight I don't see the numbers shrink down fast enough so I get discouraged and then go right back to old habits.

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    NONE of them work. :|

Diet plan that does work calories in vs calories out. Tho it won't happen quickly.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you're going to get the response you want to hear from the people on this forum.

Diet pills/supplements will not work. Fad diets will not work. Rushing into losing weight will mean that you are much more likely to put it right back on.

Go slow. Train your body into being the lower weight. Avoid the fads.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Even if they did work, how would grat help your confidence? As soon as you stop taking them, you would gain the weight back and feel devastated.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I've never really tried diet pills, but everyone I know that has tried has never lost any weight. If there was a pill that would take off 15 lbs fast without changing anything about my eating habits and wasn't just water weight that would come back on as quickly as I lost it I would be all over it!!

Unfortunately weight loss takes time and you just have to push through those discouraging weeks. I only lost 0.4 this week - it's discouraging but it's a loss. I didn't put this weight on in a few weeks, so I can't expect to take it off in a few weeks either. Try to push through the discouragement and the weight will come off.
  • monellvandermerwe
    Options
    Duromine works for me. Ask your Dr for a script. Some of us just need more help. You don't need to feel guilty for asking. Good luck***
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I am impatient too but there isn't anything to make it go faster. I try to feel satisfied that the scale is moving down. May not be as fast as I want, but definitely making downward progress. After several months I am not as hyper focused on the scale. I think that helps with the impatience. Time continues whether you are actively losing weight.

I try to get more satisfaction from fitness gains than the weight loss. For me, becoming physically fit is more rewarding than watching the scale move slowly.

Other than eating at a deficit you can't really control how your body drops weight. You can control how physically fit you are by exercising and increasing the intensity week by week.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Duromine works for me. Ask your Dr for a script. Some of us just need more help. You don't need to feel guilty for asking. Good luck***

Duromine is an appetite supressant and you will only lose weight on it by eating less, which you could do with will power and none of this:
    We are highly concerned by the long list of potential side effects that come with Duromine. You may experience nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, chest pains or irregular heartbeat. You should also report difficulty breathing, fainting, facial swelling and skin rashes to your physician. “Side effects are often an issue with prescription medications,” says our Research Editor. “You have to weigh the benefits against the potential side effects to see if the medication is worth a try. Some of the side effects associated with Duromine are harsh.”

A dieter reports, “I just started taking Duromine…and my body is shaking and I have a headache.”

“I have been taking [Duromine] tablets for three days now, I woke up [last] night and could not stop vomiting,” says another user.

“The side effects [are too] severe and I can’t cope with feeling depressed. Headaches, pressure on my chest, muscle cramps…nausea, insomnia, loss of concentration. It’s not worth it,” one dieter claims.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The ones advertised all garbage. The ones that do work are illegal, and for good reason - They can kill you if you take too large a dose (i.e. imagine something that burns all your calories and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it...).

A popular one that DOES work is ECA stack - Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Aspirin (most people cut out Aspirin and use just Ephedrine and Caffeine). This is not actually a burner but rather an appetite suppressant. You can find the proper dosages and routine online. And Ephedrine cannot be bought in the USA due to people using it to cook meth... I believe people who go on this supplement stack replace it with Bronkaid instead (you CAN buy ephedrine in Canada however).

I re-read your initial post, and I suggest you stop looking at the scale so much... to revert back to old habits due to slow weight change is terrible. Stop chasing results, start following a solid habit (and the results will come). People who want too much too fast always fail. Look at how many New Year Resolutioners quit the gym after 3 weeks.

Make solid and realistic goals - I.e. 1lb per week, so after 3 months I will lose 10 to 12 lbs. In a year, I can be down 40-60 lbs! (I put some variance so you don't "fail" if you are a couple lbs under your goal and revert to old ways). Measureable goals with clear timelines is key.

The slower it takes to change something, the more permanent it is!
  • megjay18
    megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i get why you're asking, but i'm going to stand behind every other poster and say don't do it. i know it's hard to get started and it's slow progress. BUT put in the hard work for like a month and i promise you'll either SEE results or FEEL results. it'll be a lot easier to maintain if you do it the right way and you'll feel better in the end.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Stand up more, sit down less. Aim for 10,000 steps a day, min, don't go over your daily calorie goal. If you find yourself sitting for more than 30 mins at a time, get up and do something, even if its just wiping the counters down in the kitchen or picking up socks of the floor (bonus points, because your house will stay cleaner) active bodies burn more energy than stationary ones.
  • twoeight80
    twoeight80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Hungry Girl Diet book. I really like it. I dont know about your particular situation, but it's taught me a TON about calories and got the water weight off right away.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Take your time loosing weight. I do not know your stats, but if you are loosing only 10 to 15 pounds, you should go for no more then 1 Lb. a week, if not only a half a pound. Pills can be dangerous, and supplements just help your wallet loose weight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Eat more carefully. Move more.
  • smilesunshinexo
    smilesunshinexo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If any of them worked I'd be screaming it from the rooftops. I have so many 3/4 bottles of diet pills sitting in the cupboard, but the truth is they just don't work.

Most of them ended up making me feel nauseas (which, hey, I guess is kind of an appetite suppressant ha), giving me headaches and other side effects... Not one of them weight loss.

Maybe back in the day when they contained ephedrine and such (not that I'm saying ephedrine is good lol), but nowadays there aren't any ingredients that are proven to aid weight loss.
  • gfjay
    gfjay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Idea: don't weigh yourself for a month. Literally. Instead set up some very easy-to-achieve goals. Things like:

1 - I won't eat fast food more than once per week (if you eat an at all now)
    2 - I will track everything I eat into MFP (REALLY easy to do with the phone app)
    3 - I will do some sort of exercise every day. That might be three 20 minute walks. It might be the gym. Whatever. I'll do something for a total of 60 minutes a day.
    4 - I will drink (at least) 8 glasses of water a day.
    5 - I will eat vegetables with every meal. This doesn't have to be complicated. Half of a cucumber. A handful of baby carrots. A small amount of raw broccoli. Something.

Do those things and I promise after 30 days you scale will show a smaller number. Guaranteed*. (*as long as you don't dramatically increase your calorie intake in some other way).

Weighing yourself all the time may not work for you. I weigh daily, but I'm also 500+ pounds (or was until today!!) so in my case seeing big losses is kind of expected. Even then, with a large calorie deficit, I still sometimes go days without a loss. It's normal.
  • kathleenwillenbucher
    Options
    I have a guaranteed fat burner. When you get up in the morning try to do at least 100 jumping jacks. It doesn't take long, it revs the metabolism, and it gets you in the right mind frame.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So your goal is to lose weight, no matter what it may be, fast - so you can repeat this again next year after you have gained what you lost and according to stats of fast weight lost - probably more gained back.

Then setup a lifetime of yo-yo dieting, with it easier to gain and harder to lose each time - so you can have a distorted view of food and your body - until you are in your 50's and hate what you have ended up with and perhaps then attempt a reasonable approach - made all the more difficult then because of the yo-yo extreme dieting.

Just want to make sure I understand the goals - because there are some great methods to lose fat and good amounts of muscle mass so the weight on the scale drops fast - of course if you have enjoyed food up to this point, and likely have, you'll have to change viewpoint of it.

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I have a guaranteed fat burner. When you get up in the morning try to do at least 100 jumping jacks. It doesn't take long, it revs the metabolism, and it gets you in the right mind frame.

That's not your metabolism that is revving while you do them - and your metabolism doesn't exactly have to be higher afterwards for jumping jacks, at least not after a couple weeks of that.
    Unless you are calling your whole daily burn your metabolism, which is incorrect usage of term.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Work on your discouragement instead. That's a relatively common psychological barrier to weight loss.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Easy fix will not last. Do it the right way. Don't put that crap in your system.