Sugar

Options
2»

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Persistently high insulin food intake inhibits fat loss, but that goes away in the absence of food especially carbs.

Fixed.
  • stevencloser
    Options
    pedroepaz wrote: »
    In its totality, what I meant was that eating sugar and carbs left me at 175 with a skinny fat frame. Same exercise as eating a ketogenic diet. Now however, I am 173 with way lower body fat levels. Like I said, this is NOT universal. Many people handle carbohydrates better than I do. I utilize fat way more efficiently than I do carbs. I'm not here to debate, either. I said it was my two cents and that I wasn't a doctor. I was sharing my experience. No one has to agree with me. It's simply food for thought.

That's not how that works at all. You were recomping if you reduced your bodyfat more than you lost weight. You can do that however you want.
  • pedroepaz
    pedroepaz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    In its totality, what I meant was that eating sugar and carbs left me at 175 with a skinny fat frame. Same exercise as eating a ketogenic diet. Now however, I am 173 with way lower body fat levels. Like I said, this is NOT universal. Many people handle carbohydrates better than I do. I utilize fat way more efficiently than I do carbs. I'm not here to debate, either. I said it was my two cents and that I wasn't a doctor. I was sharing my experience. No one has to agree with me. It's simply food for thought.

That's not how that works at all. You were recomping if you reduced your bodyfat more than you lost weight. You can do that however you want.

Sure, since we all handle everything exactly alike. All our metabolisms function identically. Thanks for the heads up.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

Sure, since we all handle everything exactly alike. All our metabolisms function identically. Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html/&ved=0ahUKEwiXwPnmzL3KAhXjtYMKHRYTBNMQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNF261q7gnHg0OO37UfagEd4lZrUzA&sig2=1dC1q1urZeD3VWdshYasQQ
  • stevencloser
    Options

We're close enough for it to not matter. How do you think there can be equations where you just put in your height, weight etc. and it gives you a really accurate idea of how many calories you're burning?
    BTW. you're misusing the term "utilizing more efficiently". If you're losing more on the same intake it would mean your body sucks more at utilizing that, not being better at it.
  • pedroepaz
    Options

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html/&ved=0ahUKEwiXwPnmzL3KAhXjtYMKHRYTBNMQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNF261q7gnHg0OO37UfagEd4lZrUzA&sig2=1dC1q1urZeD3VWdshYasQQ

A whole article on how we can't defeat the law of thermodynamics. However it ends with some people being believed by researchers to be diet resistant. With brains perceiving things differently. Doesn't sound like everyone is alike, does it? I experimented with two trials of the same exercise and ONLY changed my macros to eat way higher fat and way lower carbs. Same caloric amount. I resulted in two completely different outcomes. Post all the articles you want. I'll stick to what worked. At the end that's what we all should do.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

A whole article on how we can't defeat the law of thermodynamics. However it ends with some people being believed by researchers to be diet resistant. With brains perceiving things differently. Doesn't sound like everyone is alike, does it? I experimented with two trials of the same exercise and ONLY changed my macros to eat way higher fat and way lower carbs. Same caloric amount. I resulted in two completely different outcomes. Post all the articles you want. I'll stick to what worked. At the end that's what we all should do.

You are saying that you don't have the exact same metabolism as other people and annoyed when people say you aren't different. Great, you found what works for you. But why are you putting it out there as an absolute and saying that the OP can't incorporate sugar in a healthy way in her diet?

Plenty of people have found that eating moderate amounts of sugar has not impacted their fat loss. I'm glad you've found what works for you, but not everyone has to do the exact same thing.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Persistently high insulin food intake inhibits fat loss, but that goes away in the absence of food especially carbs.

Fixed.

bent to fit your views
  • pedroepaz
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

You are saying that you don't have the exact same metabolism as other people and annoyed when people say you aren't different. Great, you found what works for you. But why are you putting it out there as an absolute and saying that the OP can't incorporate sugar in a healthy way in her diet?

Plenty of people have found that eating moderate amounts of sugar has not impacted their fat loss. I'm glad you've found what works for you, but not everyone has to do the exact same thing.

I've made it clear from the start, that it was food for thought. And that I know many people who get great results eating sugar. I never said OP has to stop eating sugar whatsoever. I'm just stating that the same dosent apply to everyone from my experience. I never stated anything as absolute, on the contrary, I stated it wasn't universal.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I've made it clear from the start, that it was food for thought. And that I know many people who get great results eating sugar. I never said OP has to stop eating sugar whatsoever. I'm just stating that the same dosent apply to everyone from my experience. I never stated anything as absolute, on the contrary, I stated it wasn't universal.

You said "it will inhibit fat loss". Yes, nothing absolute about that statement whatsoever...
  • stevencloser
    Options

Fixed.

bent to fit your views

So you're saying you can overeat without inhibiting fatloss? Or eat at a deficit and not lose fat?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Fixed.

bent to fit your views

So you're saying you can overeat without inhibiting fatloss? Or eat at a deficit and not lose fat?

I didn't say either of those. I'm saying elevated insulin inhibits fat loss. Ingesting carbs inhibits fat loss acutely.

I also said the elevated insulin goes away if you don't eat which covers your point I believe.
  • stevencloser
    Options

Fixed.

bent to fit your views

I didn't say either of those. I'm saying elevated insulin inhibits fat loss. Ingesting carbs inhibits fat loss acutely.

I also said the elevated insulin goes away if you don't eat which covers your point I believe.

Then for what reason have you only said part of the truth?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    In its totality, what I meant was that eating sugar and carbs left me at 175 with a skinny fat frame.

Whether you lose muscle or not isn't about fat or carbs. It's about protein. And as steven said, staying around 173-75 and losing fat/gaining muscle is a recomp. It happens because you are eating at maintenance and working out. When losing if you lost excessive muscle (maybe you just didn't have much when you started), that's either due to too little protein or perhaps a too aggressive calorie deficit (which is understandable when you want to get that weight off and have a great deal to lose). But nothing you have said suggests that carbs inhibit fat loss -- you obviously lost lots of fat while eating them (as did I, and I've also recomped some while eating them).