Gym: morning or evening

Options
2»

Replies

• clararandall
    clararandall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! I'm trying to convince my other half that going to the gym in the morning is so much better than going in the evening. Problem is I kind of don't mind going in the evening after work. But evening, she return and changes her mind to not going. So I end up either not going or going to a really humid gym is is too busy

Story of my life
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree with others saying that the right time is when you'll go. I do mornings- I force myself awake each weekday morning to go- I view it as something I have to do, no excuses- like going to work. You wouldn't roll over and decide you're not going to work. Best thing about the morning is that you're not going to get held up at work, or be tempted by happy hour, dinner plans, or just being tired and cold at the end of a long day.
  • Rebel_Leader
    Rebel_Leader Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    fitpal4242 wrote: »
    I agree with others saying that the right time is when you'll go. I do mornings- I force myself awake each weekday morning to go- I view it as something I have to do, no excuses- like going to work. You wouldn't roll over and decide you're not going to work. Best thing about the morning is that you're not going to get held up at work, or be tempted by happy hour, dinner plans, or just being tired and cold at the end of a long day.

My thoughts exactly!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like mornings, but I work out at home! When I do the morning workout I am at work earlier, eat better and generally do better throughout the day. When I push it off to night things get in the way and I get diverted. Not to many things to divert me at 5:00am! Good luck and push through!
    Rob
  • Rebel_Leader
    Rebel_Leader Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    I like mornings, but I work out at home! When I do the morning workout I am at work earlier, eat better and generally do better throughout the day. When I push it off to night things get in the way and I get diverted. Not to many things to divert me at 5:00am! Good luck and push through!
    Rob

Thank you Rob. You're right. Also I think if I go gym in the evening, I sometimes feel unprepared as I have eaten enough due to being busy at work.

I think there is a danger of over doing the workout if you have eat too much during the day. Like you said, most people eat right after having their early morning workout.