Foods that Meet Specific Nutrient Requirements (Carb/Fat/Protein)

I apologize if this has been asked already, but is there a way to use Myfitnesspal, or another database out there, where you can type in a nutrient requirement and it can give you a suggested list of foods.

For instance I'm on a 40/30/30 diet (Carb/Fat/Protein), and I have one PM Snack left. I'd like to fill in 10g Carb, 3g Fat, 10g Protein, and would like a food suggestion. Obviously I can start doing research on my own to do this, and keep a list handy, but I was hoping there was a way to leverage myfitnesspal's huge database. This would be great for when you deal with unplanned meals.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,646 Member
    100 cal of lowfat greek yogurt...

search performed on v2.0 of John's internal memory database.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    There is a website that I can't remember the name/url of right now, but it should do what you're hoping for. It's meant more for diet/food plans so it's designed to suggest meal options for larger calorie/macro goals than what you're talking about, but in theory it should work the way you want.

Hopefully someone else knows what I'm talking about... but I'll play around with google and see if I can figure out the URL.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Yeah I think some greek yogurt like half cup plain maybe sweeten with honey and add some chopped nuts and berries?