What do you eat your soup with for lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm currently having butternut squash soup with a roll, but I stir some goat's cheese into the soup. It works surprisingly well
  • simplycidalia
    simplycidalia Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    a spoon

LOL!! :p

Me too. I don't eat anything "with" my soups, 'cause my soups are pretty loaded. I even add eggs (poached) to many of my soups.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    MandyC1972 wrote: »
    A huge salad with loads of veggies. Sometimes I don't have the soup, so I make sure to put a hard boiled egg or leftover chicken or pork on the salad. But I love soup and a salad.

I find that a bit odd having hot soup with cold salad :(

how about a warm salad like some veggies tossed in a little light vinaigrette heated up? There is one I use (wishbone italian maybe) that is I think 15/20 calories per 2 tablespoons and it actually goes nicely on some heated veggies.

Sometimes I will drop grape/cherry tomatoes into my soup, or some other veggie that does nicely with being in the hot hot soup for just a few minutes and doesn't really need to cook because it is also good raw (like zucchini or cauliflower depending on the kind of soup)

I agree with a wedge or stick of cheese, especially if the soups is low fat content because I need higher fat content to feel satiated. A serving of cottage cheese works too. Pretty much anything that is not bread/cracker related as I just do not feel or stay as full as I'd like eating those things.

I had a tomato/cabbage type soup I made the other day and dropped 60 cals of sour cream in it because my calories were low and I wanted the fat, and it was *amazing* and I thought it might be gross so you might try out some ideas and see how you actually like them, you might be surprised!
  • Blair2374
    Blair2374 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Slices of ham/chicken, cheesestrings.... followed by fruit/natural yoghurt about 2 hours later.
  • goodwifey82
    goodwifey82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sometimes crackers. I have also started throwing in a handful of croutons so I have something to crunch..
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I usually do toast with butter, or it's a small portion of soup, I pair it with a sandwich. Grilled cheese with tomato soup has to be one of my favorites :)
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options
    A green salad and an apple or orange.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cheese stick or some veggies (sugar snap peas, etc). I almost always have a piece of fruit at lunch as well. Today I also had a seaweed snack.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Rice or pasta
  • Odilerubia
    Odilerubia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    if you cánt eat bread because of the gluten, ricecrackers with lowfatcheese or kiwi etc. If youre looking for variety, a small couscous salad and you can eat the couscous while its still warm. I use lowfat yoghurt or quark (in French known as fromage blanc) instead of sour cream.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Lunch always includes a large piece or portion of fruit that is in season and some chocolate or a cookie. Sometimes a portion of some kind of chips or crackers with maybe a bit of cheese. This is beside the main meal which can be soup or some other leftovers from a previous dinner.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    This time of year I like spicy Asian soups, and have them with rice.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I had home-made Bab Levesh (Hungarian bean soup, very good) for lunch today and I had it with flatbread and blackberries. The flatbread needs to be used up and the blackberries were on sale.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    A really hearty, whole grain cracker that has a decent amount of fiber, and not much sugar. YUM.

Really, it all depends. Tonight we are having gumbo that hubs made. YUM. He's having it with brown rice (a really amazing mix of rice, buckwheat, pearl barley, millet, and mungbean or aduki bean). I'm having it with riced cauliflower.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    If i want a bread, but not the calories, i switch to corn thins....basically thin rice cakes made out of corn.