Hi.. Just started

geeners81
geeners81 Posts: 25 Member
Hi. I just started this and am trying to lose the "after kids" weight. I just realized that weight doesn't come off as easily in my 30's as it did when I was younger. So. I need to try to step it up. Just thought I would introduce myself.. and maybe get some friends so I have some back up. ha ha

Have a great day!!
Gina:wink:

Replies

• Hi I've just started aswell. I was seriously ill and in hospital for nearly 3 months. When I came out of hospital I was confined to a wheel chair and have been ever since. I put on weight because a) I ate everything in sight because of the poor quality of food in hospital and b) I had no exercise at all because I can't walk very far which is now due to arthritus in my knees.

I hate being in a wheel chair so I decided that I would mention it to my Doctor and he, to my surprise, referred me to a NHS gym. I'ts a 12 week programme and you can go 3 times a week. They don't exercise my legs but even though I have arthritus in my shoulders, hands and wrists, I don't find it a problem to exercise. I went to my first session yesterday but it was paper work more than anything else. They showed me what machines I could go on and they also show you exercises you can do at home with "A can of beans" was the example they gave.

I went up to 20 stone but just from changing my eating habits I've gone down to 15s 11ibs so with the exercise aswell hopefully I'll lose more.

Maybe if you ask your Doctor there might be somewhere he can refer you to. It's free because of it being part of the NHS. That of course is if you want to go to a gym.

I wish you luck with the baby weight, I know what thats like too. I've got 3 children 1 boy and 2 girls. I only put weight on with the girls though for some reason. I'm sure you'll get to the weight you want to be. If ever you want to talk just post me.

BFN
    Louise:smile:
  • geeners81
    I am part of a gym, but lately my work is requiring a lot of overtime, and its a desk job :( but I try to get up and move when on the phone at work and I try to walk on breaks and lunch. I am thinking of changing to a 24 hour gym... I think that might help.. still looking into it.
    My doctor did recommend this website and said that I probable need a good weight loss support group. So I figure if I have all you guys in similar situation (losing weight) then maybe I can get friends and we can all support each other to reach our ultimate goals.
  • JenySoBlessed
    JenySoBlessed Posts: 2 Member
    I just started, so I apologize if I'm not doing this correctly. My friend introduced me to this site since I've been having a difficult time losing weight myself. I'm having trouble with mind over matter...hehe. I want to quit but emotionally I come in already feeling defeated. Perhaps it's because this seems to be a life long struggle.

Either way it was nice to meet ya'll.
  • touchafaith
    touchafaith Posts: 112 Member
    Hi, Ive just started as well, I'm 26 and trying to lose my after kids weight it just seems so impossible to budge doesn't it! I struggle to exercise much because I've got my kids to run around after so I'm just hoping the diet will help a bit for now. 5 years ago I lost 4 stone (before kids) and it wasn't too hard to do overall but this time nothing i do seems to get the scale to take it easy on me. I'm on here for the support and encouragement also. Good luck with your weightless, lets show those scales whos boss!:bigsmile:
  • geeners81
    Nice to meet you guys! We WILL show that scale who's boss! I like the tone of that!! ha ha
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member

Maybe if you ask your Doctor there might be somewhere he can refer you to. It's free because of it being part of the NHS. That of course is if you want to go to a gym.

Only here in the UK Louise :smile: They don't have the NHS in the States.
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Hi lost 50 trying to lose the last 10-12. Feel free to add just send a message. Good luck!