Replacement for lunge and burpee

Options
I have a painful foot, a bunion, for 3 months now. I can't bend my left foot, as in the back foot position for a lunge and in the foot position for a push up. I do 1 legged push ups but don't want to put that stress on my other foot for a burpee.

Any alternatives to the burgee for the core?

I'm doing the Bulgarian lunge on one side. Any other ideas, or would stepping on a stool be as good (which I've been doing).

Replies

• MrsJBro
    MrsJBro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Step ups, Turkish get ups, maybe even dropsy. You would need to plant your foot, but not in the way of the push up.
    There are a million core exercises in the world that do not involve being up on the toes, worth a Google :)
    Also, it is wise to do the same exercise, on the same side, with the same weight, when training both limbs. Doing one side one way, then modifying or changing the exercise choice for the other side could lead to a strength imbalance. Eventually throwing off your posture, or leading to an injury. Probably best to do the same for both the bunion and non-bunion feet
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've done both legs the same, but not through intent (blind luck?). I'll look up some of those exercises and see what Google has to say.
  • evans_matthew
    evans_matthew Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Another site I'm on that is useful for this is Bodybuilding.com. They have an exercise database where you can look up exercises by muscle group. It has really helped me because I just started out in the world of fitness not that long ago and it's like solving Da Vinci's code at the beginning to figure out how to build a program