Tell the story behind your username

Options
tomy2tone01
tomy2tone01 Posts: 982 Member
Back in the 80's I was dating a girl named Jenny, her brother was a DJ at one the big radio stations in Mpls. At that point Tommy tutone came out with 867-5309/Jenny. It was a hit. And so am I.....
The rest is history...

The nickname stuck. It also is my screen name on aol.

All my friends call me twotone...

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, I'll let you guess.
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I got annoyed that all the names I wanted were already taken so I typed in this name in a bad mood and it was free so I kept it.
  • tomy2tone01
    tomy2tone01 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I got annoyed that all the names I wanted were already taken so I typed in this name in a bad mood and it was free so I kept it.

I Love you name......Very mysterious
  • Stephanietheskinnygirlxo
    Stephanietheskinnygirlxo Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    wanting to be skinny..
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Back in the 70's my parents got it on, and my mother became pregnant. Approximately 9 months later, they had a child, of which my father help up and said... "He shall be called, KC". Those parents last name was Huskey. And although rare, they decided to also make that their child's last name as well. That child was me. Therefore it's stuck. My name is kchuskey.
  • AngelMommy13
    AngelMommy13 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter named Angelica, Angel for short. I lost my son Aidan in 2013. In a way it has both of my babies in my name..
  • Thisnameischosen
    Options

I Love you name......Very mysterious

I love you too.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Moya is a childhood nickname that has followed me throughout my life.
    Bleh is just a noise.
  • 365daystofitgirl
    365daystofitgirl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    pretty self explanatory. I gave myself a time frame of 365 days to get in shape
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I was living in Nebraska and met my wife, who lived in Southern California, online. She wanted to know what I would do when I moved to San Diego. I said I would open a surf shop. She said there are so many, you need a gimmick, something to bring people in. I said okay, I'll name it BDGFN Surf Shop and Day Spa. She asked what is BDGFN? I said, Big Dumb Guy From Nebraska! It stuck.
  • TheNuttyBrofessor
    Options
    Was trying to think of a witty name and was shocked it wasn't taken yet. I think its a good one!
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    my business name and lucky numbers :)
  • Thisnameischosen
    Options
    Was trying to think of a witty name and was shocked it wasn't taken yet. I think its a good one!

*nods in agreement*
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Childhood nickname...apparently I've always been good at weaseling myself into and out of things.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    calls it like i see it - used to be my name on facebook, till facebook made me change (*kitten*)

and... it suits my personality to a 'T' ' ;)

i dont put up with any BS and i call it out when i see it. which is why people tend to love me or hate me. theres not much middle ground ;)
  • HillSlug98239
    HillSlug98239 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Years ago, Team Estrogen sold t-shirts with a replica of a yellow warning street sign with a graphic of a slug on a bicycle on the sign, and the words, "Warning: Hill Slug." I'm a hill slug - it will take me forever to get to the top of that hill, but I will get there. 98239 is the ZIP code for Coupeville, WA, a tiny town where I lived in for several years in my early 30's. Because the user name HillSlug is usually already taken, I default to adding the ZIP code. Thus far, I have not yet encountered another HillSlug98239.
  • A_Patient_Wolf
    A_Patient_Wolf Posts: 1,347 Member
    Options
    From the saying "A gentleman is merely a patient wolf."

I love the imagery and truth in this statement. We are all animals, regardless of the civilized traits whe choose to adopt.

I can be both a gentleman and a lone wolf. I believe in honour, truth, hard-work, discipline, and other gentlemanly values. But I'm also wild and animalistic. I often prefer nature to people, feeling the elements to being comfortable, and if you're part of my pack I'll rip any attacker to shreds to protect you.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    GreenGoddess for being a bit of a hippie/Mother Earth/take care of our planet kinda girl. 22 is my birth date.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I mean, mine is pretty self explanatory. ;)