How often is too often!

Options
ald634
ald634 Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys, I don't have access to a scale on residence at university so all I have is the good old measuring tape How often should I take measurements??

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    youre fine.

weigh when you can. not a biggie. the measuring tape is more telling, anyways :)
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    End of every week.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I took measurements weekly and weighed monthly when I was losing. Works fine.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but seems like that's not an option for you. I take measurements and pictures monthly. I like seeing bigger drops, so I find measuring too often can be frustrating. Do what works for you.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I weigh daily, but seems like that's not an option for you. I take measurements and pictures monthly. I like seeing bigger drops, so I find measuring too often can be frustrating. Do what works for you.

This !

Measuring too often can be discouraging for some. So get your own groove. What works for some may not work for you. I weighed daily and measured monthly while I was losing.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I really think measuring monthly is best simply because it's easier to see a real change. If you happen to pull the tape a little tighter or leave it slightly looser your number will differ, but when measuring less frequently you can say there's a definite change.