Friends losing weight for future planned pregnancy.

Options
2»

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I am not currently TTC but will be either later this year or early next year. I have about 75 pounds to lose to be at a healthy weight and having healthy pregnancies is definitely one of my motivators for getting my butt in gear.

I'd be glad to be a part of the support in all of your journeys so feel free to add me. I've also joined the group. :)

• vrokhfit
    vrokhfit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have a significant amount of weight to lose and my main motivation is a healthy, successful pregnancy. I have a 9 year old already, so this next baby has been a long time coming! I've joined the group as well and I'm really excited to have a group of people with similar goals!
  • monica_1986
    monica_1986 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie!

Yes, I'm currently also on this same path! I was in really good shape before my first pregnancy and was able to shed the weight quickly after. But this past year I've started struggling with my weight and am trying to get back on track. We are hoping to get pregnant this spring/summer. I'm hoping by March I will be where I want to be.

Glad to see so many others out there doing the same!

Monica
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping we will start trying to conceive early/mid next year. I have about 75 lbs more to lose (already lost 29 lbs) to get firmly into a healthy range and I won't let us try until I get there. Unfortunately during my first pregnancy I ended up with pre-eclampsia, not diagnosed, which led to a seizure at 28 weeks. Because of that our daughter was born with severe CP (though she is still the most adorable 4 year old) and my risk factors are increased. Before my first pregnancy I was only about 10-15 pounds above my healthy BMI and gained no weight during, so it scares me now to think about trying 60 pounds above.

I want to do my best to minimize any risk, plus it was strongly encouraged that we have any more children before I'm 35 years old. (I'm currently 30 1/2 and only want one more child. Two total was always the plan, though for a while I wasn't sure if I wanted any more at all after my daughter.)

More then weight loss, I want to make sure I'm physically fit enough for my piece of mind. I started walking a fair bit and progressed to jogging. I can jog for 25 minutes straight now! And I'm concentrating on bodyweight strength training. My daughter is 30 pounds now and completely non-mobile so requires a lot of physical lifting, holding, pushing the wheelchair and I need to make sure I can handle that throughout a pregnancy.

So I'm definitely with you ladies on getting healthier before pregnancy!
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay so happy to find this post and realise I am not alone! We are looking at TTC in the next few months and I know I need to bump down the weight (perhaps a sly 10kgs) to get me to my goal weight of 75kgs.....I know that if I don't shift it now it won't happen after a baby
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Woo this is exciting! So many wonderful ladies joining up!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    So I am looking for suggestions for a spreadsheet type challenge :) I posted a discussion in the group, so if you haven't joined already, please do!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111647-planning-for-pregnancy
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Is everyone excited for the Feb 1 Challenge start date? :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I am! I've never done any type of challenge on here so I'm definitely excited! :)
  • computerfox82
    computerfox82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just came across this board and I'm in the same boat. Hubby and I would like to TTC in a few months. I'd like to lose some weight before, but we'll TTC regardless. I do not want to let myself go and would like to get into good eating habits so that it will be easier to shed the weight after baby. I'm 33 and would like to ideally have 2 kids, but we'll see what happens with one first.

I'm happy to see stories of women over 35 having successful pregnancies. My boss had her first and only child at the age of 37, a former coworker of mine had her first pregnancy at the age of 45 and had twins, a friend of mine had her child at 36, and my hairdresser had her first at the age of 39 and her second at the age of 41.
  • VeryKatie
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @computerfox82 feel free to join the group - you'll have to send a request.

ETA: I see you already did! Accepted :)
  • computerfox82
    computerfox82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you. And thank you for creating the group.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Im so in this group!
  • missy5290
    missy5290 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I joined the group and hopefully I'm not alone. I started medication last April and was around 140 so I was in the healthy weight range. My husband and I put off TTC until I got off of medication but I then gained about 50lbs. It was hard for me to lose on meds so staying my weight was very hard. I'm no longer on medication and now I feel like we have to wait again. I had been going back and forth on waiting until I lose the 50lbs to TTC but it takes about 6-8mths to conceive so we're doing it at the same time.
    Anyone else losing and TTC at the same time?
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! My husband and I would like to start trying for our first baby in June as well!! I have about 8 pounds to go for what the doctor suggested, but want to go about 15 pounds under that by around April or May if I can. I want to be as healthy as possible for my future little love! Please feel free to add me, I would LOVE more friends with similar motivation. Also, would love to be part of any group started!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Great to hear from you ladies :) feel free to join the group above. We are starting a spreadsheet challenge tomorrow.
  • BengalGen
    BengalGen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm pretty new to MFP, and trying to lose weight before TTC. We were going to try this month, but I seriously need to lose weight. I'd love some motivation. Also, how do I join the group? Thanks
  • MrsR130
    MrsR130 Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just sent a request to the group! Looking for friends and motivation and support - need to lose weight before we start TTC in May and am about 40lbs overweight. If I could lose half that before then I would love it!

Also looking for more friends if anyone else is looking!
  • VeryKatie
    Options