Extreme Carbs

Options
Cp731
Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
Looking for some answers to a few questions. Please help with links or your own knowledge.

Im eating one meal at 4 am Wed-Sat, its 1500-1600 cals. The Carbs are insane, something like 200-300g in that meal.
Im on my feet for 9 hours straight and in constant motion.
My question is are those carbs way too high for such a small amount of cals?
Since Im in constant motion could I be burning some of those carbs? Enough for those carbs to not affect my weight?

Sun-Tues Im doing about 30g carb days @ 1500-1600 cals w/a high fat/protein ratio, I learned how to do this when I was doing Keto.
Those are the only days Im home to cook. I eat a meal at 7pm on those days as well, so that's 2 meals a day for 3 days.
Im wondering if those low carbs are balancing out my high carb days at the end of the week?

Is it considered a fast when Im only eating that meal at 4 am when Im having coffee w/milk at 7:30 am after work?
I ask because I heard fasting can help with keeping weight off. Also, I eat this meal at 4 am because its when Im hungry.

All of your responses are greatly appreciated. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Don`t split hairs. Look it up in a dictionary if you have to but fasting means NOTHING.
  • darjeelingexpress
    darjeelingexpress Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think that would be described as IF - intermittent fasting, where you eat all your calories for the day in a very narrow window of time.

The high number of carbs in a single meal - it's going to definitely have an effect on your blood sugar and insulin, I guess your body will let you know how that works out for you weight wise. It would make me emotional and exhausted, but I know other people who can tolerate that kind of carb loading very well.

We'll see what others say; I personally couldn't do it and feel good, but if your energy is good and you continue to lose slowly, it might be fine for you.
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Actually, I just saw an interesting article related to this:

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jun/27/science/la-sci-high-carbohydrate-hunger-20130627

I think this depends on how you feel, and if it causes cravings for you. Do you work 3rd shift?