Keep slipping.

Options
Every few days or so I slip up and go way over. Almost all the way to maintenance calories. Today at work our managers grilled for us. I had 2 hotdogs and some Doritos. And a couple cookies. It was a vary active day for me and I was ravenous. I burned over 1000 extra calories today doing some very heavy lifting and tons of walking. It still didn't giver all that I ate. I just feel low about cheating so badly. I feel unmotivated today but I want to keep going. I will get back on track tomorrow regardless of how I feel but I wish I still had that fight for it attitude. What do you do to get yourself in a positive mood?

Replies

• sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a fresh start! one day at a time, one meal at a time etc. You can do this. It isn't cheating, no one else is getting hurt by you eating a hotdog. It's just food, we all have to eat. Be kind to yourself and start fresh tomorrow. Do it for uou, to be kind to yourself. I don't even know you but I know you're worth it!
  • amy13a
    amy13a Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You'll make it!
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey you are motivated, young and pretty- how could you not be in a positive mood? kick *kitten* tomorrow!
  • IbraZibra
    IbraZibra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just start fresh everyday. Yesterday is yesterday. I try and think of one bad thing to add to my macros every day so I don't go crazy or overboard. It has really helped me. Hopefully that helps. Good luck!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. On instagram, I follow some girls that do bikini comps and they even have "cheat days". It helps reset hormone levels.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark60.htm
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I wish when I slipped it would only be to maintenance!! This is really minor, won't cause you to gain any, and is giving you practice for the time you go into maintenance. Normal life stuff. No biggie.
  • Jayz395
    Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yea I hate those moments of weakness :(
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Everyone messes up. EVERYONE. It doesn't make you a failure, just makes you human. Going over on occasion isn't going to sabotage you unless you let it. It's when you go over your calorie goal consistently that you have an issue. If you're consistently going over, you need to figure out why so that you know where your weak spot is and look for ways to fix it. You need to take a good honest look and try and figure out WHY you're going over, and ways to combat it. Are you always hungry? Your calorie goal might be too low or too aggressive. Is it only a certain time of day you're hungry? Adjust your meals so you can plan for a snack at that time. Is it because you're going out to eat with friends a lot? Research the restaurants you like to go to ahead of time and know what you can order that will fit into your day. Do you go over when you're having a bad day? Stress might be a trigger, or you could be having to deal with habit snacking. Finding out what you're doing when you go over will help you learn ways to keep from going over, yet still be able to enjoy eating.

And if you go over only occasionally, that's fine. Log it and move on. If you're going to celebrate a friend's birthday, have the cake! Don't have a bunch of slices, but have a slice and some ice cream. Or whatever it is you're eating that you like. Celebrations and holidays are the worst time to try and stick to a diet or eating plan, so you're better off going over that day (and that day only) and getting back on track the next. That way, you have a good time, but have a plan to get back to your normal schedule the next day. If you're having trouble internalizing that, look at your day as part of a week. If you go over one day, cut a little bit out for the next few days to balance it. Not a lot, no more than about 100 calories, but doing that for several days will balance that out and you're fine.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    we all mess up from time to time..don't be hard on yourself tomrrow is another day, a day that you have to fight harder to get where you want to be. You went over and that's ok your not the first one and won't be the last..log it in and move on don't think about the day before..think ahead. Get your workouts in..and just keep moving on. Good Luck on your journey.
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a slip up day. I had 8 alcoholic drinks the other day which was WAYYY over my calories, but I knew that at the end of the day, I was going to work twice as hard the next day to make up for it. Sometimes you need to have a slip up day to realize how much you want something. Today is tomorrows yesterday, rely on your instincts and fix what you need to fix. Your dream must be bigger then your fear.. Live by that.. you can do it. keep pushing yourself and you will achieve what you put your heart into.
  • joey4014
    joey4014 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Every single one of us slips up. The main thing is to get back on it. Don't wait for yourself to 'feel' it. Just do it and the feeling will come. If you do two perfect days - your officially back on. Play the balance game with yourself. If you slip up, that means you have to do a certain amount of days to perfection. Even if you have to do something dumb like subtract an almond off your diary. If they have another cook out at work tell them your allergic, you'll get diarrhea or something. Everyone will leave you alone and you'll be thinking about your goals.
  • lyannec13
    lyannec13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Slip ups always happen! There are some mornings where I start off so bad and eat so much. But I have to try and self motivate myself and tell myself that it was only one meal. Then I start over at that exact moment and make sure I finish the day in good standing. Motivation can be so hard to find but just talk to yourself about why you're taking this journey and keep telling yourself that it will be worth it! Even if you have one bad day... Then get back to it the next day. Just take a look at my diary! There are plenty of slip ups!
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    lyannec13 wrote: »
    Slip ups always happen! There are some mornings where I start off so bad and eat so much. But I have to try and self motivate myself and tell myself that it was only one meal. Then I start over at that exact moment and make sure I finish the day in good standing. Motivation can be so hard to find but just talk to yourself about why you're taking this journey and keep telling yourself that it will be worth it! Even if you have one bad day... Then get back to it the next day. Just take a look at my diary! There are plenty of slip ups!

I really like that you start getting back on track after a meal. I'm working very hard on that! A bad meal usually gives me license to eat out of control for the rest of the day too. Nipping it in the bud right away is the only way for me!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    You're 27 and already worried about that "fight for it attitude." You're 20 years ahead of me, lol. You're doing great. It's a learning process, not just about nutrition, but about ourselves, our bodies, fitness, our relationship to food, etc. The fact that you keep logging even if you don't stick to your plan is great. You'll get there.

As one poster said, "you're motivated, young and pretty." Now go out there and kick some a** tomorrow! (And tomorrow is a new day-and so is the day after that!) :smile: