Is this zucchini okay to use..? pic's included..from Hello Fresh kit.....:/

Options
MSH2930
MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
I got the Hello Fresh subscription box and this was our first box. The first 2 recipes, all ingredients were present and just fine. But I pulled this out tonight to check it out for tomorrow (a friend also is using Hello Fresh and we've gotten different products, same ingredients, but from different companies, etc..) and I was curious to see if the Tuscan Sausage that I have planned on making tomorrow night has the same stuff she has/had (she made her Tuscan Sausage tonight).

The zucchini is split in two pieces, and there are a few chunks out of the side of it, as well. I suppose this very well could be a packing issue..? I've had it stored in the vegetable tray in the refrigerator...e470ajt0vvae.jpg
89i8ivgzj4lf.jpg
m5uhx2maww96.jpg
bi5vurfhc0cp.jpg

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I would buy another at the store.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd buy another and send those photos and a really narky email to Hello Fresh. You pay a premium for those ingredients.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Sure. It's fine. Produce like that breaks all the time. Trim the broken ends back and toss the part that was exposed, and you're good to go. :)
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Wow, those pic's came out life-sized!! :o Maybe even bigger than life-sized!! :o:o:o
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Yes, I probably will just buy another. I was just curious!! :) Zucchini around here is not very readily available right now.. :|
  • MSH2930
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can understand it breaking in two, but the little marks where it looks 'picked at' kind of what skeeve me out the most....and make me wonder..
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Really, it probably does look fine to use, it's bashed about but not browned. I'd still have a whinge to Hello fresh about it though.
  • MSH2930
    Options
    Really, it probably does look fine to use, it's bashed about but not browned. I'd still have a whinge to Hello fresh about it though.

Definitely will let them know.. I agree, it probably did just get bashed about...thanks!! :)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'd use it, but would send a complaint to Hello Fresh as well. You pay a good chunk of money for that to get that crap. For the price, I would expect pristine ingredients.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I'd use it, it just split in shipping and got dinged up by the box next to it. Definitely complain though.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

^this. It looks totally fine to use but I would still complain.

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I agree with most-- use it, but then complain. or if you're at the store and feel like it, buy a new one. But I would send a respectful complaint.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Another vote for use but complain. Include the pictures in your complaint.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    zucchini nicks super easy, I'd trim/eat it...but yeah as others said, send an email
  • Gillian00louise
    Gillian00louise Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'd say the carton of tomatoes was the culprit.