Besides weight loss what other improvements are you hoping for

Options
I was hoping for an improvement in my eczema but 11 days in its getting worse. Sweating at gym doesn't help but hoped the foods I was eating would help.

Had a big reduction in indigestion though thankfully because that was crippling me!

Replies

• Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Aw man, that sucks. I'm sorry. Hopefully you can feel better soon!

I'm hoping to get more energy and fight depression.
  • lindz4ever
    lindz4ever Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Besides weightloss I hope will increase my mood, I've been having horrible mood swings lately and hope this will help
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Besides weight loss an improvement in my Asthma which in turn leads to an overall improvement in my fitness/endurance levels. Oh and to be able to do proper military push ups lol. I'm sorry about your eczema, mine flares up every now and then but not too bad any more unless something irritates it. The disinfectant spray to clean down after you use equipment for example gets me.

Sounds odd but I found avoiding any pink coloured fabric conditioner really helped (so have a lot of my friends who, while not having eczema found their skin dry and itchy) then due to the increase in showering from working out I also "cut" my shower gel with aqueous cream to help protect and barrier the skin. Had to do that as a kid on Doc's orders. You have less or no bubble but it it milder on the skin.
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I just realized all my stuff is pretty gross. This is pretty personal, but I'm one of those unfortunate ladies blessed with facial hair (to build personality I tell myself). When I was younger, my doctor said that if I lost weight that it shouldn't be as noticeable. I won't hold my breath, but I will keep my fingers crossed and continue to save for electrolysis. lol

Also, ever since I had gained all this weight I've broken out on my inner thighs. I hate it. Even though I'm in a long term relationship and it has never seemed to bother him, it's a big source of insecurity for me and nothing else I've done has ever worked.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I need to start getting better/more sleep, so I've been trying to go to bed much earlier. I've been averaging about 4 hours a night, and my daily performance and health has suffered greatly.

As for your eczema, I feel for you! I have many food allergies which cause horrible hives, very similar to eczema, but they only last a few days. Cutting out products with wheat and flour have helped greatly in minimizing the frequency of attacks, but they still happen sometimes. This is going to sound silly, but someone advised I rub stick deodorant on the crazy burning spots when it happens..the zinc eliminates the burning itch, allowing the skin to heal a bit (I know its not good for you in large doses, but if you're like me, sometimes you need to just do the quick heal thing, and worry about the rest later). Not sure if it would work for you, but it's worth a try!! Good luck! xo
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your eczema, but 11 days isn't long. Maybe if you stick with it you'll see a long term improvement?? While I don't have eczema I do have very sensitive skin/rosacea and am a diligent product label reader. Might be good for you to clean out your bathroom/laundry/cleaning products and get rid of anything that might spur an episode.

As for my goals, I'm working out to curb the side effects of my cancer meds. I took a 3 month break from cardio and they came back with a vengeance! (Insomnia/hot flashes/joint pain/mood swings) Also, lower body fat % will reduce my chance of recurrence so that's a huge motivator! I want to be around to see my kids graduate high school and hopefully college too!
  • Robo_mooh
    Robo_mooh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have eczema :( but it does seem to have improved since I started eating better. Cause my BF can't eat grains we cook everything from scratch and I rarely eat out / get takeaway. I usually get itchy after I get chinese food, and last time I ate pizza I broke out in spots! :s

I heard that reducing dairy can really help with eczema, but I saw no difference myself with reduced dairy.