Going it alone, any tips?

Hi,
I'm Laura.
I'm 14st looking to get to at least 11st to start.
Looking for your best tips to beat the cravings and anyone who can help along the way. You know , like a slimming buddy lol
Thanks ✌

Replies

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    hi Laura,

Jump on this thread.... Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!....its got a great bunch of people on there that will help you along the way.
    some of us have also got FitBits and take part in a weekly challenge.

Add me if you like, I log on most days :)
  • salbers23
    salbers23 Posts: 7 Member
    Laura,

To specifically beat the cravings you mention, alternate day fasting will allow your stomach to shrink to a normal size that is then filled with a much lower volume in the future which beats the cravings.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Hey Laura!
    The best advice is eat balanced diet, everything in moderation, and do both cardio and weights.
    Feel free to add me or message me for more tips or support :)
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    A lot of times too, it's that you're thirsty more than hungry. If I drink a bunch of water and 20 minutes later I'm still hungry, I eat. If there's something that's "bad" for me that I really want to have, I just make sure I plan around that for the day
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    A lot of times too, it's that you're thirsty more than hungry. If I drink a bunch of water and 20 minutes later I'm still hungry, I eat. If there's something that's "bad" for me that I really want to have, I just make sure I plan around that for the day

This ^^^^^ is pretty solid advice. I replaced chocolate which I used to munch on when bored with some healthier alternatives. Carrots are my main go to craving killer, with a big glass of water I find the strength to get through some cravings. I never thought I would be a morning workout guy but its nice to get it out of the way, some times I end up doing a night workout too! (bonus calories). Don't beat yourself up for a slipup just get right back on track...good luck..oh and get friends on here who support you!
    Rob
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member

+1
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Drinking lots of water can help w cravings. If you feel like you need something sweet. Try using those individual packs of crystal light for a 16.9 or 20 oz. Bottle. That way you get that sweet satisfaction and at the sometime you'll consume something not high in calories or refined sugar. Hope this helps.
  • eatearth
    eatearth Posts: 19 Member
    My tips is to avoid "diet" foods and really focus on learning how to cook healthy, unprocessed foods. I'm not saying you couldn't lose weight eating nothing but processed diet foods, but I feel like weight loss became much easier once I focused on buying raw, unprocessed ingredients and making my own meals. That way you always know what you're consuming as well, and branching out to see what kind of meals you can make for under a certain amount of calories is great motivation.

For cravings, I honestly just refuse to buy anything I know I won't be able to control myself around. This really helps in the beginning when you know you won't be able to just have a little bit of that ice cream, for example. There are also a lot of healthier versions of the food you're craving! Like if you want ice cream, instead try a creamy smoothie or homemade frozen banana ice cream!