Maintenance is messing with my mind

Options
13»

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    All that means is that the water weight comes gradually and not at once. From what I understand it doesn't leave. At a deficit, your body isn't topped off of glycogen. At maintenance it is. The extra water is due to the extra glycogen and the water it absorbs.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    swim777 wrote: »
    I'm not in maintenance yet, but I'm really close. I know that as I add calories back, I'll see that 3-4 lb increase water etc... This is a dumb question, but as you maintain, do you lose this or do I need to go below my goal and give myself a buffer?

I stopped losing right at my goal weight. My first week of maintenance I ate 100 extra calories a day, and this week I've added another 50. So far my weight hasn't changed at all. I'm just going to keep increasing in small increments until I settle into my maintenance range. At this point I don't think I'm going to see any big jump on the scale.

Just wait it out...i had the same
    Weeks of nothing and then suddenly 1.5 pound lol
    Since the First of September about 10 lbs

Its a waiting game for me.
    But i just was brave and said oke that's it i go to 2000 and hold there that was some weeks ago.

But like i said i suspect to lose on it again. I have some water weight atm but weight is going down slowly to that lowest point again.

But i recognize so the "weird body" feeling
    Still getting used to it. In many ways.

95069916.png

• jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I gained 4lbs the first week, lost it about a week later. Since then over the last two months I have lost 2lbs, down to a consistent 173 from 175. However I have lost several inches around my torso as well.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    All that means is that the water weight comes gradually and not at once. From what I understand it doesn't leave. At a deficit, your body isn't topped off of glycogen. At maintenance it is. The extra water is due to the extra glycogen and the water it absorbs.

I hate asking questions on someone else's thread (I'm sorry op) but since this was brought up here....

I understand about the glycogen/water weight being replenished after a deficit, hence the initial gain. But....since I'm still working on bumping up my calories (still in a deficit to a degree), how do I know when glycogen is completely replaced? Is that not complete until I'm fully eating at maintenance?
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You're overemphasizing some arbitrary number on a scale that is comprised of many things. Put your focus into fitness and good livin'...the rest tends to take care of itself.

I've been maintaining going on three years and haven't logged a thing in that time save for a spot check here and there the first few months...just good livin' and I'm golden.

I don't actually weigh myself that often anymore. It's seriously not the number. It's looking in the mirror, feeling body parts, etc.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I hate asking questions on someone else's thread (I'm sorry op) but since this was brought up here....

I understand about the glycogen/water weight being replenished after a deficit, hence the initial gain. But....since I'm still working on bumping up my calories (still in a deficit to a degree), how do I know when glycogen is completely replaced? Is that not complete until I'm fully eating at maintenance?

Should be yes
    But do you really think that when you eat 100 calories under and you up the last or final 100 that you would notice?
    Nah....

95069916.png

• mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I did for awhile. Having settled in at this week for over 2 years I'm finally getting used to it. Still pay attention though
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

Should be yes
    But do you really think that when you eat 100 calories under and you up the last or final 100 that you would notice?
    Nah....

95069916.png

Did I really think that? Honestly? I don't know! LOL! I've been a serial dieter all my life, but this is the first time I'm actually armed with some knowledge and trying to pay attention to what I'm doing. The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that I'm over complicating the issue. That's just how I tend to roll though. :wink:

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Should be yes
    Nah....

95069916.png

Did I really think that? Honestly? I don't know! LOL! I've been a serial dieter all my life, but this is the first time I'm actually armed with some knowledge and trying to pay attention to what I'm doing. The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that I'm over complicating the issue. That's just how I tend to roll though. :wink:

Thanks for asking those questions and telling your story. It's useful information, since I've got about 4 kg to go.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Should be yes
    Nah....

95069916.png

Thanks for asking those questions and telling your story. It's useful information, since I've got about 4 kg to go.

Haha, exactly same here! :smiley:

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Should be yes
    Nah....

95069916.png

Haha, exactly same here! :smiley:

Cool!