Friends with Garmin Vivosmart??

I've had mine a week and I'm still learning how to use it. I'm looking for friends and any advice on this!! How do you get everything to sync to mfp?? Any advice is great!!!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Go to the apps section on MFP, find Garmin Connect, and connect MFP to GC. Then go to your garmin connect account and look for, I think it's 3rd party apps. Connect GC to MFP. Basically, you have to allow them to talk to each other.
  • destined2b130
    destined2b130 Posts: 7 Member
    I did that last night but it keeps telling me to log in. I'll try again later. Thank you
  • trobius
    trobius Posts: 6 Member
    I found the online owner's manual to be the most helpful. I still don't get consistant syncing with mfp. It won't sync with with Strava at all. I read in reviews the app/software was glitchy; hopefully they continue to improve as the update it. It has already gotten better. http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivosmart/EN-US/GUID-E0C28652-FD9C-4FF4-B859-0265F3FB696A.html
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Mine is connecting just fine with Connect and MFP.
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Go to the apps section on MFP, find Garmin Connect, and connect MFP to GC. Then go to your garmin connect account and look for, I think it's 3rd party apps. Connect GC to MFP. Basically, you have to allow them to talk to each other.

That's exactly what you have to do. It's taken me a few days to figure things out. I love it, it's accurate and I like looking at the stats.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Mine works just fine and the owner's manual is crap, IMHO..

You just need to go into Garmin Connect and set it up to sync with MFP, and it will ask you a question to "allow" MFP to sync, and say yes..

Then go into MFP and set the "negative adjustments" if you want to see this in MFP..

Works perfect and there is no glitches... Sometimes maintenance on Garmin's side happens and it may be down during a point in time, but you are notified by Garmin and also can go to a Results page and also into the forums in Garmin and see all the things are are Up or Down within Garmin to detect any issues with Connect.

I swtched from Fitbit and best thing I ever done..
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    I agree with Gia07 - owner's manual is crap (but aren't they all these days?).