Seeking a Few Good Friends

Options
Hey there!

My name is Diane. I'm about to turn 31 and I have about 50-60 lbs I'd like to lose (for good!). I am looking for a couple friends with similar goals/interests along the way.

I work a desk job, sedentary is a great way to describe my life. 9+ hours a day at my desk, and 3 hours a day sitting in the car to drive there and back.... I don't have much time in my life for 'me'.

I love horses, I take weekly riding lessons and have leased horses off and on when time and finances come together for me. I also do barn chores at the barn I ride at three week nights per week. (Again, I don't have much time in my life for 'me'. Barn time is a nice escape form the office life...)

I'm taking things slowly this time around; I've tried this so many times in the past.... I always lose half or more of my goal, back slide and wind up where I started. I am tired of that habit. As my life is so busy, I am focusing on my eating habits first and foremost. Cutting out junk and 'late night snacks'.... Exercise/work out habits I will add in as the days get longer and I have more daylight to work with. Until then, barn chores will have to suffice.

Any way... I realize this is getting long and will only get longer if I keep rambling... So, if you'd like a friend for the journey, send me a request with a little note please. This time around I am looking to keep a small list of friends I can be closer with instead of a large list of many people I won't get to know. :)

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    No one?? I feel like a leper lol
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't. I am adding you.
  • hotmamma0607
    hotmamma0607 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane! I need some support too. Like you, I love horses. I've raised Quarter Horses my whole life. I have about 60 pounds to lose as well. I started 2 weeks ago and lost 3 pounds but I managed to put it right back on. I work out HARD 4 days a week and count my calories. My vice is wine!
  • robburry_85
    robburry_85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I will add you if that's ok as we all need that support
  • Monikkigargar
    Monikkigargar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 32 down 35 lbs with 65 to go!
  • rhsmith1986
    rhsmith1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Diane! Feel free to add me. I have a similar amount to lose and I'm determined this time I'm gonna hit my goal!
  • Jallensoon2b
    Jallensoon2b Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will add you
  • Jayz395
    Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So easy to slip back to where we started, :(
  • Daisy84Squeeze
    Daisy84Squeeze Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I just sent you a PM. Looks like there are a few of us here with similar goals..maybe we can start a group together? I'm pretty new to mfp so not sure what all there is. I am 31, got about 50 lbs to lose. We have 2 horses! :)