Annoyance

Options
I currently weight about 9stone. I jump to (maximun) 9st4lbs on a bad week/time of month week. And then easily drop back to 9st but I cant seem to get below it. Starting to annoy me now :/ Im aiming to get to at least 8st 6lbs for my holiday in June. Are weight loss shakes my only option to drop them lbs?!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eating in a calorie deficit with accurate logging and using a food scale is your best option
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    No.

Personal accountability is your only option. It's easy to say "I just can't" but it's hard to say "I can't because I really don't want to." You can do it. Everyone can do it. Make a goal and stick to it. Find your daily caloric intake for you to lost 1 lb a week and then stick to it. If you are having difficulty staying accountable, then find a friend who can help you. Everytime you go to get another snack out of the fridge call your friend and tell them you need to talk. Keeping your mind busy (while drinking a lot of water) will work wonders in keeping you on your goals.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    zoe0401 wrote: »
    Are weight loss shakes my only option to drop them lbs?!

No, the answer is not in a shake, a pill, a bar or a tea. It's hard work. Eat less calories then you burn and you will lose weight.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'd advise you to read the sticky threads, they have helped me no end
  • fatboyslimRP50
    fatboyslimRP50 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Stick to your cal target but ensure you get some exercise bonus cals every day if possible, and get the % protein up! This way you'll not be hungry/feel great and hit your goal,
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Stop eating at maintenance
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Eating in a calorie deficit with accurate logging and using a food scale is your best option

This!
  • zoe0401
    zoe0401 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My issue is I dont do much cardio because due to health issues I cant but I do a lot of weight and resistance work. This app doesnt account for the calories burned then? I am only down to eat 1200 which is fairly easy to do. How can I do calorie deficits if the calorie burnt arent shown?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    zoe0401 wrote: »
    My issue is I dont do much cardio because due to health issues I cant but I do a lot of weight and resistance work. This app doesnt account for the calories burned then? I am only down to eat 1200 which is fairly easy to do. How can I do calorie deficits if the calorie burnt arent shown?

so walk? Is it a Heart thing, are you cleared to walk? walk

weight and resistance doesn't burn much unfortunately but is great for body composition

and tighten up your logging - nobody, well not many people, don't lose weight eating 1200 calories
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You burn plenty of calories just by going about your day, which is why you should already be in a deficit at 1200 calories. You can log strength training under cardio to get exercise calories, but it isn't much, so many don't eat them back.

Set your deficit to half a pound a week (with only eight pounds to lose, this will help you preserve your muscle mass) and tighten up on your logging.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Stop eating at maintenance

thats it. you are eating at maintenance.

tighten up your logging and read the stickies related to weighing and logging food. iwould wager you are eating more than you THINK you are
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Shakes dont teach you how to budget your calorie allowance and you can create the same defecit with real food. Shakes are more convenient but less satisfying. Id go with real food everytime.