Trouble with walking

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Whatever the problem, walking improves it!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Your mom and sisters will be crazy whether you walk or not, so you might as well walk.

Also, find something to distract you at 8:15 so you don't start thinking about the crazy. Or just go walking at 8:14 so you're already walking before you realize you're upset about something.
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    larali1980 wrote: »
    About 15 minutes before I need to leave the house, I start thinking of all sorts of things that piss me off and then I get upset and I don't want to walk.

Wow, that sucks. I'm actually more likely to go run when I'm pissed off. I lost 45 pounds at my last job because of that. ;)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a proven stress reliever. If you're mad, all the more reason to do it. Go!!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Use the anger to propel your workout. :) It'll burn off the frustrations and raise your endorphin levels to help you cope.
    You did say one thing that concerned me. You said, 'you have your route'. Please, for safety's sake vary your route from day to day- have three or four routes that you alternate between randomly. People mentioned listening to music or audio books, but make sure that you keep the volume low enough that you can hear traffic and people approaching.
    (Sorry if I sound too much like a public service announcement!)
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Use the anger to propel your workout. :) It'll burn off the frustrations and raise your endorphin levels to help you cope.
    You did say one thing that concerned me. You said, 'you have your route'. Please, for safety's sake vary your route from day to day- have three or four routes that you alternate between randomly. People mentioned listening to music or audio books, but make sure that you keep the volume low enough that you can hear traffic and people approaching.
    (Sorry if I sound too much like a public service announcement!)

It's always a good idea to stay alert and keep safe, so your comments are very appropriate! I'm glad you brought that up.