Rockstar Sugar Free?

What are your thoughts on energy drinks, in particular, Rockstar Sugar Free?

It has zero carbs, zero sugar and zero calories....

I was thinking about drinking one with my lunch each day, for a few reasons. 1. It makes me feel fuller. 2. The B vitamins help my mood a LOT, even though I take a B supplement anyway. 3. The extra caffeine boost does wonders for my motivation and energy level.

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    I would find the root cause(diet/lifestyle) that causes you think you need a high jolt of caffeine to boost your motivation and energy.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    I would find the root cause(diet/lifestyle) that causes you think you need a high jolt of caffeine to boost your motivation and energy.

I suffer from depression/ bipolar
  • EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    I always have to make sure I have one, I keep it in my mini fridge. It's amazing how helpful those are for me, I can't seem to function without them. I was doing great for the past month energy-wise, which is the longest I've ever gone without one lately, now appears that I'm depressed again and I'm thinking of probably drinking one.
  • absoluttalent
    absoluttalent Posts: 40 Member
    I use the monster ultras. Same thing, zeros across the board.

I usually have 2a day while at work, so it doesn't boost me like it used to. But I like the flavors. That's the downfall of consuming to many, you become immune to its effects after awhile.
    As long as you aren't negatively affected by the caffeine, I see no downsides. Mostly water anyways
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited January 2016
    larali1980 wrote: »

larali1980 wrote: »

I'm not knowledgeable regarding depression/bipolar, but just for curiosity I Googled caffeine and bipolar. Lots of articles popping up about potential bad effects.
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/bipolar-disorder/the-five-worst-foods-for-bipolar-disorder.aspx

You may want to talk to your doctor about your condition/interactions with other meds before adding a bunch of caffeine.

Best of luck.
  • absoluttalent
    absoluttalent Posts: 40 Member
    Oh, forgot to add, watch your sodium with it. Each can is roughly 460mg, or 16 percent your daily dose
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    If you're already taking a B supplement, the effects you're feeling are likely not related to the vitamins as I believe B vitamins are excreted in urine if you take more than you need (someone correct me if I'm mistaken).

I used to drink a lot of them when I was bartending in university and not getting much sleep, and they're essentially just like having a couple cups of coffee and a vitamin supplement (although I think there are mixed reports on whether drinking stuff with taurine is a good idea, so there's that, I guess.) I don't think one a day is an obscene amount of caffeine, artificial sweetener, vitamins, etc., but it probably depends on how much of those things you're getting outside the energy drink.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    The blue one tastes ok. Kind of strong in the flavor department, though, so I have to drink them slow.
    Not something I do often. I don't care for energy drinks.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Save $365 a year by drinking water? Or how bout a glass of milk for protein and magnesium?
    google how too much caffeine can hurt your bones (calcium).
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    If you're not drinking them now I wouldn't start. For me they were addicting as if it were a drug. I believe the serving size is 2 per can. There's a lot of caffeine in them, but eventually it becomes not enough and you'll end up sluggish and tired anyway thinking you need more.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Maybe I'll stick with a cup of coffee and water with lemon.
    Save $365 a year by drinking water?
    This is actually a very good point.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Sounds good. I drink a Monster Ultra zero just about everyday and I have 3 cups of coffee in the morning! :D
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Love it
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I like them a lot. I do not drink one everyday though. As with everything else, I don't see an issue consuming them in moderation.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    I've acquired a taste for black coffee since trying a "Dairy Free" diet. It was rough the first week, but now I love it. I don't know all of the things in energy drinks, but I presume they're not good for you. I used to love sugar free Redbull, now I maybe have one twice a month. Jmo