Replies

• madube84
    madube84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    95lbs 5x5
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Last test was 1 rep at 110 lbs. Recent working weight was 110 with a set of 4 reps and 2 sets at 3 reps, so hoping that means I can get 115 finally. Might try it on my next power day. Upper body is such a struggle.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    265. Damn arms are 20ft long. Just started Smolov JR. Bench 4x/wk now. Hit 315+ by 1-1-17 is the goal.

DB bench max: 115s x3
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Last actual 1RM test...240 T 'n G
    I know it doesn't count, but last 5/3/1 rep max was 180x13...calculated 1RM >260. I don't think that's the case, but I wish.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    1RM last fall was 225.
    I'll probably test again in about a month and hopefully put up 235-240.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Max IPF/CPU competition 55kg (my one and only competition bw bench) touch and go gym lift 60kg. Let's hear if for deadlift :smile:
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My new 1 rep max I hit last week is 215. For 3 reps max I'm around 200. My bench is by far the weakest of my stronglifts. I have no idea why. :(
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    Back in the summer I benched 285 at 182 BW. Shortly after that, I hurt both shoulders (coincidence?) and dropped all the way down to 135. I'm working my way back up, can do 225 now. Given my fear of reinjuring myself, I doubt I'll go above 225 anytime soon, just work on upping my reps instead.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    135 lbs 5x5
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My new 1 rep max I hit last week is 215. For 3 reps max I'm around 200. My bench is by far the weakest of my stronglifts. I have no idea why. :(

My bench sucks because I need to work on my shoulders and pecs more. Surprise huh? :smiley:

Generally if you can't get the bar off your chest after bumping up 5-10lbs from a weight you can do cleanly it indicates weaker shoulders.

If you get stuck half-way up towards lockout it generally indicates you need to strengthen your pecs.

If you get stuck at lockout usually its your triceps need work. I'm fine at lockout, its getting there that's the problem. lol

Gonna do lots more incline DB work and shoulder work when I get back on my regular program.

• Mr_Capt_America
    Mr_Capt_America Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    325# with a pause
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Failed at 125 lbs three times, so now I have to deload (and this makes me sad :'( ).
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »

My bench sucks because I need to work on my shoulders and pecs more. Surprise huh? :smiley:

Generally if you can't get the bar off your chest after bumping up 5-10lbs from a weight you can do cleanly it indicates weaker shoulders.

If you get stuck half-way up towards lockout it generally indicates you need to strengthen your pecs.

If you get stuck at lockout usually its your triceps need work. I'm fine at lockout, its getting there that's the problem. lol

Gonna do lots more incline DB work and shoulder work when I get back on my regular program.

Yep whenever I fail it's about halfway up. My other issue is I lift at home and I don't really have a spotter. I have safety bars in place in case I fail but I can't really challenge myself to much because I don't have the spotter there to give me that little bit extra to prevent failure. I'm progressing though, just not as fast as I'd like.

• ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Yep whenever I fail it's about halfway up. My other issue is I lift at home and I don't really have a spotter. I have safety bars in place in case I fail but I can't really challenge myself to much because I don't have the spotter there to give me that little bit extra to prevent failure. I'm progressing though, just not as fast as I'd like.

Sounds like me! lol Good luck keeping at it!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    385 lbs touch and go. It's my strongest lift, relatively speaking.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    ucalegon wrote: »
    Look at all these overachievers! 65lbs here. (But then, I started recently and have gone up from 45 pretty steadily!)

I've made it up to like 80 pounds.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Last max attempt was a month or so ago. Did 1x285lbs paused @ 220 bodyweight
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Not sure my max right now. Haven't maxed since last spring where it was about 275.
    Jan 7 I got 235x9 and the following week Jan 14 got 250x6. This week it's supposed to be 265 and I'd be happy with 4.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 35lbs in each hand as dumbbell presses, because I've gotten crazy lopsided carrying around a 45 pound kid on one side all the time. If I use a bar, I can rep with 85#, but my left arm is both a klutz with form, and lacking strength... So I'm in dumbbell detention until I get myself evened out.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »

A couple of things...
    First, does this classify as a *paused* bench? (225#)
    https://youtu.be/5nQExcG2blE
    and second, would you classify this fail as at the bottom or half way up? (245#)
    https://youtu.be/1PPgM75BcVs