New-ish Member

Options
amcozy
amcozy Posts: 70 Member
So I'm not exactly "new" - I was on MFP quite a while ago and had a huge amount of success losing weight... and then got comfortable, stopped logging my meals and gained weight back. Not cool :/ I've gained about 20lbs in the past year & a half - I never quite reached my goal weight either, so now I'm even further away from that magical "135" that I've been chasing since my son was born in 2008. I'm sitting now at 162lbs, I can't button all but one pair of my jeans and I've lost a bit of confidence in myself as a result. I'm tired of it and I'm back to regain control and get my self-image back to where it needs to be! Wish me luck! :)

Replies

• dar9757
    dar9757 Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome Back! You are on the right track coming back where you can and will receive much encouragement and help from others like myself who have been on the same journey. Good luck and keep up with your logging everyday. :) Adding you...
  • ChangingJosh
    ChangingJosh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :)
  • Sevasti_Titi
    Sevasti_Titi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I discovered a great group called "P90X/Insanity The Game Changers".

So, if you're looking for support, motivation, advice, menu ideas, a way to track your fitness goals, then this group is for you !!!
    ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5498-p90x-insanity-the-game-changers )

The combination of MFP and "P90X/Insanity Game Changers" support group help me achieve an overall healthier lifestyle,

I went from 157 lbs to 141.4 lbs.

By the way, I'm also aiming 135 lbs, like you, so if you want you can add me as a friend.

I'll be glad to help you in any way I can.

Sevasti :)
  • mommyrocks5
    mommyrocks5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome back! It's the first step isn't it. Anyway if you want a friend that will cheer on your success and help keep you accountable...I'd be happy to help. I am about 12 pounds away from my goal. I made it there about a year ago...but did the same as you...annnnd picked up a new NOT COOL part of myself (Binge eating-night time.That I am trying to conquer. Daily struggle too but I know that I can beat it)...and put back on about 17 pounds since last November. Feel free to add me. Ps. I am not a "Friend Collecter". I like to keep my FL small so that I can interact, cheer and support each of them. But I do like make a new friend here and there to keep me on my toes as well. hope that you have a fantastic Saturday!
  • FastFriend
    FastFriend Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too am new here. I just joined a couple of months ago. I have a lot of weight to lose and would love to hear from others in the same situation.
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal! Here are a couple links to our support groups and motivational pages! Hope you enjoy!
    https://www.facebook.com/shawn.carrier.399
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    Shawn
  • carrieann8
    carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. I just started for tracking food but by lurking i'm finding a nice community here too. HI!