Macros v.s. Calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

STOP FEEDING PEOPLE *kitten* LIES! YOU NEED CARBS TO SURVIVE AND GIVE US ENERGY. EVERY SIGLE CELL IN OUR BODIES RUN OFF OF GLUCOSE. PUSING YOUR BODY WITHOUT CARBS MAKES IT GO INTO ILL STATE AND WILL ELIMINATE YOUR ENERGY AND MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE *kitten*. STOP FEEDING PEOPLE *kitten* LIES THAT CARBS ARE BAD AND THAT YOU CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT THEM.[/quote]

No the human body can survive on Fats and Protein alone with zero carbs why because that "energy" your talking about is called Glucose which can come from Protein and Fat once ingested by our fantastic bodies.

I would Highly recommend you do a little research before Splating your Young Know it all self on the Boards without any research. A simple google search could seriously help you..

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS670US670&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=can a human survive without carbs

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Technically we don't need carbs to survive either protein and fat will store as glycogen and be used as energy.
    No we don't need carbs to survive, but we do need them to thrive...

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Technically we don't need carbs to survive either protein and fat will store as glycogen and be used as energy.

I agree 100% I would not have a diet without carbs!!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

I agree 100% I would not have a diet without carbs!!

:smile:
  • KudraM
    KudraM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I make sure i hit my protein number and then my fats, good fats. I worry less about carbs but i do notice if they creep up my weight will creep up as well. Usually they creep up because i missed my protein goal.

This, yes. That's why dont understand why Scooby says I need 35/45/20. What's with that extra 5%?
  • KudraM
    KudraM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I make sure i hit my protein number and then my fats, good fats. I worry less about carbs but i do notice if they creep up my weight will creep up as well. Usually they creep up because i missed my protein goal.

This, yes. That's why dont understand why Scooby says I need 35/45/20. What's with that extra 5%?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    KudraM wrote: »

Sweating over a 5% difference in macros is 'majoring in the minors'. Your weight won't "creep up" on 5% more carbs as long as you're in a deficit. Set your macros, try to get somewhere close to them and don't get obsessive about hitting them right on the number.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    A return to the MFP forums?