Cottage Cheese and hummus at midnight

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eating the cottage cheese and humus within your calories is not cheating, you logged them.
    Going to bed with hundreds of calories uneaten is cheating. Cheating yourself (mind and body) of the nutrition you need to perform optimally.

Eat all the calories MFP has given you for your deficit, plus 50-75% of the calories you burnt through exercise. That is the way MFP works.

No matter how much lifting you do, if you don't feed yourself adequately, you will lose a greater amount of muscle than necessary, and probably become bad tempered and irritable too!

Cheers, h.

If I have miss read your 800-900 cals to spare wrong, my apologies.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't call cottage cheese as cheating.

Having 800-900 calories left over regularly is a bad idea.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    I am sleep, so food is not on my mind.

Really? Because I totally dream about food. And sometimes it's soooooooo real I wonder how much I've gained during the night.

And definitely not cheating, OP. Enjoy guilt free. :)
  • happytexan0223
    happytexan0223 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hummus and cottage cheese are both healthy choices, so if you don't eat too much of them, you'll probably be fine.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,564 Member
    Options
    I've eaten cottage cheese or hummus at midnight, especially if I hadn't reached my protein goal (more likely cottage cheese in that case). But I log it, and don't consider it cheating. Occasionally, if I didn't plan well earlier in the day, I'll go over calorie goal just to hit my protein target, especially if I've weight trained or done other intensive exercise that day. That's not cheating, either, to me - it's just smart.

I don't think I've ever mixed the cottage cheese & hummus together. I like my cottage cheese with turmeric, cumin, hot sauce (especially smoked hot sauce, but if I only have plain, then maybe add some smoked paprika). And maybe cucumber.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yep that ll keep you fat for sure!