Detox and coffee

Janehds0284
Janehds0284 Posts: 87 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I decided to do 7 days detoxing (yesterday was day 1)
Basically I have a glass of lemon water in the morning and through the day I have water, selected fruit, veggies and protein (chicken, turkey, fish, tofu)

I know I can't have dairy and caffeine. I'm ok with alcohol but I'm so addicted to cappuccino (one every2days)

My first day detox was ok, got some headache But after wake up today (day2) I got very dizzy.

I can't stop thinking about my cappucino, anyone ever have detox but still have coffee?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I guess it depends on what you're trying to achieve. Since this seems to be a plan you've devised for yourself, you get to make the rules :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    What toxin is in your body that normal bodily processes will not remove without some inane diet plan? If it is so toxic, why is a seven day dietary detox the preferred method rather than immediate medical attention?
  • Janehds0284
    Janehds0284 Posts: 87 Member
    What toxin is in your body that normal bodily processes will not remove without some inane diet plan? If it is so toxic, why is a seven day dietary detox the preferred method rather than immediate medical attention?

Good point! I only think it will help with weight loss and control myself to eat real healthy for 7 days. I had a good poop today so wanna keep going but since detox is strictly no caffeine and milk I cannot stop thinking about coffee...
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    So you're on a highly restrictive diet that lies about detoxing, has inane rules, incorporates things that do nothing such as lemon water ... and think it is a good idea?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    You are not detoxing anything. But have fun.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    You are not detoxing anything. But have fun.

^ This.

You can't detox your body, it's a myth. So how do I get healthy?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,111 Member

Good point! I only think it will help with weight loss and control myself to eat real healthy for 7 days. I had a good poop today so wanna keep going but since detox is strictly no caffeine and milk I cannot stop thinking about coffee...

Coffee makes me poop. A coffee detox sounds legit.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    This sounds awful and a bad idea. No clue what it is supposed to accomplish and doesn't sound sustainable.

Good luck I guess.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Op I think this is a great way to kickstart your weight loss journey!

If you are dizzy drink more water
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member

Seeing how she's having caffeine withdrawal symptoms - caffeine.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

caffeine is not toxic
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

caffeine is not toxic

and a "detox" does nothing for caffeine withdrawals that your body wouldn't normally do anyway.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2016
    Coffee enemas

It's a thing, I saw it on the telly

:bigsmile:

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    It is better to taper off coffee a little each day to avoid headaches and such.
    Drink some coffee.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Unless your liver and kidneys are failing there is not reason to "detox", those organs detox for you.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 661 Member
    Detoxes are for drug addicts.

You're dizzy and have headaches because your body is suffering. Stop the insanity of a "Detox" and eat something.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    I did see a program on tv the other night about weight loss where a guy swears by a daily coffee enema, it was shown to be medically unsound and having no affect on weight loss but I guess if you love coffee but can't take it orally......................

Warning: This is not a serious suggestion!
  • irisheyes637
    irisheyes637 Posts: 48 Member
    I understand getting off the a healthy start but don't torture your body. I have one cup of coffee a day with 1 Tbs of creamer. It fits into my calorie count just fine.
    If your going to stick with this plan I advise to at least have 1or 2 eggs for breakfast, 8oz of chicken or fish for lunch and dinner, and a fruit inbetween. And please drink your coffee before you go insane.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    This is pure torture..

What is it in the marking of products such as this, makes a person buy this stuff and then torture them selves? Is it age related common sense or lack there of?

Just take in the back yard and slap me around a bit, that torture will wake me up enough to not do this..
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    I know I can't have dairy and caffeine.

Who says? Drink the coffee. Life is too short to torture yourself over something so silly.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member

Coffee makes me poop. A coffee detox sounds legit.

10/10 would do a latte detox. It would cleanse my body of demons and bring me closer to unity with the Infinite.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    But after wake up today (day2) I got very dizzy.

Eat food?

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    What medical reason do you have to not be able to have diary or caffeine?

Or...are you a vegan Mormon?
    ETA: OBVIOUSLY not vegan, you eat chicken, fish, and turkey....

Not dissing being vegan or a Mormon....just curious...
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Water, fruit, veggies and protein doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world as long as you're eating enough of it, and it's nice to get some vitamin C from the lemon (although you are probably getting enough in your fruit and veg), but why stop with the coffee? Are you never going to have coffee ever again? What's the point in putting yourself through a caffeine headache when after this restricted diet plan or 'detox' you're going to start drinking it again?

For the record, one cappuccino every two days really doesn't count as addiction ;) if you can't have dairy because you are lactose intolerant then I feel for you, I get tummy troubles when I have lots of milky coffee, but why not switch to black coffee or a non-dairy milk like rice or almond?

I find that drinking my black coffee every morning helps me stick to the weight loss thing as it peps me up and helps me keep active. I'm drinking it now, mmm coffee! Go and brew yourself a cup.