Lunch replacement?!

Options
Would it be okay if replaced my lunch with a lower calorie soup for the majority of the week? I think it would help me to control my eating, I guess?

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    I eat Progresso light soups almost every day for lunch. I have lost 23 pounds since the end of September. If the soup fits in your calorie goal then it is fine.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    It might, as long as it helps you consume fewer calories than required to maintain your current weight, and as long as you don't overeat on the other days.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Soup is great, especially if it has lots of veggie nutrients in it. Plus the warm broth helps your stomach feel warm and full, far more than a green salad on a cold day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Soup makes me hungry and would make me crash and burn ..but if it works for you go for it
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Soup makes me hungry and would make me crash and burn ..but if it works for you go for it

Ahhh, not good. Soup fills me up. I love soup........I'm having some for dinner tonight.

• bracey100
    bracey100 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Salad worked for me an I hated salads but I found 1 I liked ceaser salad really good or u have no moree than 300 cals hope this helps u :)
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I personally found that when I had soup (~150cals) for lunch I tended to eat more in the afternoon and often went over my calories. Now I have around 300 calories for lunch I don't need to eat that much afterwards, just a small snack.
    But give it a go, only you will know if it works for you. It certainly can't hurt to try.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Ahhh, not good. Soup fills me up. I love soup........I'm having some for dinner tonight.

It's weird I sometimes make really chunky soups, my minestrone is almost stew-like with the but still the thought of it being soup seems to make my mind go 'nope, that's not a meal'

instead I'll spend 3-400 calories on rice and chicken or rice and vegetable stew and cheese and be happy
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Soup would be your lunch. Why would you consider it a "replacement"? I don't understand. I sometimes each soup for breakfast and dinner, no biggie.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Soup would be your lunch. Why would you consider it a "replacement"? I don't understand.

this was my thought exactly....I wonder if OP is calling just broth...soup???
  • Zkg987
    Zkg987 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Soup would be your lunch. Why would you consider it a "replacement"? I don't understand. I sometimes each soup for breakfast and dinner, no biggie.
    When I say replacement I mean replacing burgers fries and pizza...so replacing what I usually eat with soup

• dolliesdaughter
    Options
    hope516 wrote: »
    \this was my thought exactly....I wonder if OP is calling just broth...soup???
    When I hear broth, all I think of is sodium bloat. Not sexy. LOL
  • dolliesdaughter
    Options
    Zkg987 wrote: »
    When I say replacement I mean replacing burgers fries and pizza...so replacing what I usually eat with soup

So you just want to each soup for lunch? Awesome choice.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I hate most soups, but if you are into soups then by all means go for it. If you stay hungry after lunch is done then maybe you need to try a different food. There's lots of ways to experiment what lower calorie dishes keep you full at lunch!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love soup but it really doesn't fill me up much, especially the low calorie stuff... so yeah I'd be starving all afternoon, which is probably not what you're aiming for. But I can't stand canned soup.. got to be the stuff in the package food refrigerated section (or homemade, when I can be bothered).

I'm all for a big lunch and a light dinner though.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if it fills you up,sure.

i eat the progresso light and similar for lunch all the time.

and then i have days where i go out and have enchiladas or fish tacos or hibachi scallops.

do what you want, just make sure it fits in your calorie goals and fills you until the next meal.