My first day

I purposely ate normally today just to gauge where I am and how much I need to change. I had a hard time meeting my calorie intake so I had some beers and a peanut butter sandwich. I was able to finally exceed my goal by 200 calories. This app really makes you aware of how you live. Tomorrow I'll improve!

Replies

• pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    You're right, counting calories and macros is a big eye opener. I wouldn't try and up my calories too quickly. Eat normal for a few days and log everything, then aim to add 100-200. Add a further 100-200 every week as the level of food becomes comfortable.
  • Adriana_1226
    Adriana_1226 Posts: 4 Member
    @pbryd - Such a great idea. I want to gain weight but felt discouraged when I was off by a couple hundred calories. I've always had a tough time with eating enough food. I'm just not a big food eater/lover. I'll try to use your tip!
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Are you lifting or active? That will increase you appetite. I was similar with food & eating when starting out. Three months in & I'm hungry all the time. Today was my off day and I as type this my belly is calling for cals. Strange indeed.
  • CFaulkner97
    CFaulkner97 Posts: 65 Member
    Are you lifting or active? That will increase you appetite. I was similar with food & eating when starting out. Three months in & I'm hungry all the time. Today was my off day and I as type this my belly is calling for cals. Strange indeed.

Best advice. I fill myself with 1,000 calories, wait 1 hour or so, then go to the gym. I am always instantly hungry afterwards
  • BobbyLuke
    BobbyLuke Posts: 1 Member
    I'm having trouble getting going and structuring my workouts. Any advice on how I can keep going if I'm trying to make a fitness change solo?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    BobbyLuke wrote: »
    I'm having trouble getting going and structuring my workouts. Any advice on how I can keep going if I'm trying to make a fitness change solo?

Track your calories and follow a structured workout that is proven. There is also a motivation section that you can find other members to help with journey or reach out to people in this section who are going through the same thing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I purposely ate normally today just to gauge where I am and how much I need to change. I had a hard time meeting my calorie intake so I had some beers and a peanut butter sandwich. I was able to finally exceed my goal by 200 calories. This app really makes you aware of how you live. Tomorrow I'll improve!

just wait until you get a food scale and you can see how much humans under report their calories.