Mesomorph/Ectomorph/Endomorph

Options
Are these body types really all that meaningful or it it just one of those BS things? I'm reading all types of things saying I should seriously cut back on carbs because I'm apparently some type of meso/endomorph and I'm going to pile on fat easily if I eat more than a low amount of them. Which horrifies me somewhat because I like stuff. But recently even though I've stepped up the cardio my weight has been increasing. I weight train four days a week and hadn't really done much cardio for a while but now been doing 15 minutes on a bike pwo and 30 minutes on rest days. And I know what question always comes up, so yes, I do weigh and measure everything. I've changed my training recently to a higher rep range and been doing more pull/chin ups to try and get better at those. So maybe there's something to be said about that. But I'm usually relatively slim (right side of the BMI at least) but the past few days everything seems to have gone to hell in my appearance.

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    They don't exist.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Oh good.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    BS

you called it
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    http://www.britannica.com/biography/William-Sheldon

This is a very short synopsis of the psychologist who developed the "body type" philosophy. He was mostly concerned with linking character traits to your physical appearance. The entire body of work was nonsense.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing someone posted and then had their post reported and deleted quite quickly? Either way, thank you for quoting them because that gave me a good laugh. Carbs under 100g a day...that's going to be my go to source of amusement whenever I'm feeling a bit down. Nice to have this confirmed as BS, strange how it seems to get pushed as gospel on certain websites, or maybe not so strange given the amount of BS out there. Although it has given me food for thought in regards to playing about with my carbs and fat ratio a bit (45%:30% and reversed on rest days).