Crohns, Alcohol, Diet, over weight want to Loose 50 lbs

Options
Hi All, I decided to give up Alcohol first that accounted for nearly 1000 calories a day...... then Food ... If I eat what is my limit I will be eating more than I usually do by far .... So far I have lost about 5lbs in a week and that is eating 1000 calories less than the recommended. To eat more seems crazy that would make me put on weight ! + I have Crohn's Disease I was 248/9 lbs 2 weeks ago ..... and I walk with the dogs 2 to 5 miles a day always have..... Winter is 2 miles.... What would help ? I am 61 very active but I want to fly my glider this year and get rid of the Visceral fat round my middle ... + being Crohns I expand there by inches when I have a food that disagrees with me. Ideas? Help? Other Crohns suffers. ( not all of us are Skinny )

Replies

• nigelhenry37
    nigelhenry37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well I gave up the Diet after a visit to the Hospital ....well 6 visits and now having my Colon removed on Tuesday and a bag .... they found a Tumour 34 years of Crohns something had to break :) so not dead yet :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Get well soon. h.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hope everything goes well with your surgery and you get better soon! Crohn's sucks!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. :)