Friends with PCOS and/or Endometriosis?

I have started MFP to lose some extra weight (about 20lbs) and to get my PCOS/endometriosis in check, if there are any other women out there with similar health issues feel free to add me and we can help each other :-)

Replies

• Jeandre29
    Jeandre29 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2016
    what is PCOS/endometriosis? I don't want to offend but it sounds scary!
  • Magpiepies
    Magpiepies Posts: 3 Member
    PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. PCOS and endometriosis are reproductive/endocrine disorders. PCOS often causes insulin resistance which can make it difficult to lose weight, so a low carb/high fibre diet is needed.
  • Jeandre29
    Jeandre29 Posts: 19 Member
    wow! I have the opposite - I have mild colitis so don't need a lot of fibre and stuff like white bread and pasta are better for my condition. sucks having conditions like these.
  • roislin2014
    roislin2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi Magpiepies I also have PCOS and understand the difficulty in shifting weigh with it- makes it double hard for us' but we can do it with the right support. My goal is 50 lb loss but have set mini goals along the way- first goal 20 lbs. feel free to add me- I'm in search of other cycsters to support along the way! Goodluck!
  • roislin2014
    roislin2014 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm nEw to this and genuinely can't work out how to add people myself lol!
  • nattymarieg91
    nattymarieg91 Posts: 1 Member
    Jeandre29 wrote: »
    what is PCOS/endometriosis? I don't want to offend but it sounds scary!
    Pcos is polycystic ovarian syndrome
  • Simplysavvy793
    Simplysavvy793 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm 22 years old and I am finally motivated enough to make a change! I have PCOS as well and would like to learn more about what works for some people. I have a hard time losing weight because of it. Looking for some new friends to keep motivated and to motivate me in my journey! Add me so we can begin this journey together!☺️