Macro bulking on a budget

Options
Hey all! I'm just getting started again into a healthy lifestyle and there's just something different about it this time. What I mean by that is I'm going to really take this seriously from now on. I'm looking to add about 10 lbs of muscle mass before I begin a cutting phase and I've done some research and I know my macro numbers which are 50% carbs, 25% protein and 25% fats. I weight 180 at the moment so my caloric intake goal is about 3000 calories per day. Is there anyone who is kind of in the same boat as me and has a daily meal plan already set up that they wouldn't mind sharing with me. Getting the meal plan started is the hardest part as we all know so if someone could help me get past this point I can take it from there. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work everyone!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    my diary is open..I am slow cutting now, but that is about 2700 calories a day. I would say nutrient dense sources like chicken, fish, vegetables, rice etc; however, also fill in with calorie dense sources like bagels, pasta, ice cream, etc.

I would also look at your macros in terms of minimums, so .65 to .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fat; and fill in rest with carbs which should work out to about 50/25/25 in percents….
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    my diary is open..I am slow cutting now, but that is about 2700 calories a day. I would say nutrient dense sources like chicken, fish, vegetables, rice etc; however, also fill in with calorie dense sources like bagels, pasta, ice cream, etc.

I would also look at your macros in terms of minimums, so .65 to .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fat; and fill in rest with carbs which should work out to about 50/25/25 in percents….

Good advice, a meal plan isn't hard to create on MFP just play around with foods you like. If you need something more structured you might want to try a site like IFFYM.com, I believe you can get some ideas there.
  • tbiadas
    tbiadas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the prompt response. I attempted to view your food diary ndj1979 but your profile is actually marked as private.
  • tbiadas
    tbiadas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you Wheelhouse15. I will check out that link.