Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello! Lost enough weight to be comfortable, now working on getting back to athletic.

weavsworld
weavsworld Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I’ve used MFP on and off for years, and it’s helped me stay in check. I once weighed in at 240 lbs with almost zero muscle (long ago) and slowly built up better habits. Before my wife and I got together I was becoming fairly athletic at about 162 lbs and very little fat (profile picture was from back then around 2011.)

I’ve lost enough to be comfortable, but I really loved being athletic and all of the activities I could do back then during summer. It also helped me focus on the day to day, and frankly helped me do everything I do better, including focusing. I exercise decently most mornings before going to the office but it’s mostly been stress management (I own an IT business, no stress there...) I’m posting here trying to get connected with others so we can help motivate each other a bit.

I had some health issues around thanksgiving, and we had our second born arrive new year’s eve, so I’ve maintained fairly well all things considered but I’d like to see that progress line drop every month….

My profile picture was back to 2011 when I was feeling great and doing things like sprint triathlons for fun– and this picture is from yesterday at my weekly weigh in where I’ve started seeing some progress from lifting again. I think I have more core muscle than I did back in 2011 so I may need to adjust my weight goals, but we’ll see as I progress.
(Edited to make picture smaller)
a4ilhh53q5ib.jpg