Are men who say they dislike "high maintenance women"...

Options

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    High maintenance people, in general, exhaust me. Their needs and demands are overwhelming. I prefer men and women in my life who are very down to earth, easy going, and relatable.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    As far as maintenance goes, I take care of myself in that regard. I think high maintenance is, I need a face scrub, baby powder, facial moisturizer, deodorant and some gloves to clean the house with.

Am I high maintenance? Is the things I request objectionable?
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    As far as maintenance goes, I take care of myself in that regard. I think high maintenance is, I need a face scrub, baby powder, facial moisturizer, deodorant and some gloves to clean the house with.

Am I high maintenance? Is the things I request objectionable?

I dont think taking care of yourself is high maintenance, but at the same time some girls are shocked to hear that i use facial scrub and lotion alot, and i carry chapstick around almost always.

I think High maintenance is just anyone who needs something done for them everyday the exact same way and if they dont have it, they throw a big fit and do not let it go.
    I forget to wash my face sometimes and it doesn't kill me, but anything past 2 days i cant do, i need to take care of myself.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    @sunnybeaches105 well damn.. I want a Porsche too. Actually... I'd rather have a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon fitted with all the "bells and whistles."
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Wives aren't high maintenance, kids are.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Not sure what some would consider "high maintenance". I don't consider treating my wife with respect high maintenance. I love spending money on her. Taking luxurious vacations with her. I bought her a new jeep for Christmas. She didn't ask for or expect any of these things, but it makes my day when I see her reaction. I feel like I do all these things for me, because I am happiest when she is happy.

High maintenance means she EXPECTS those things. If you enjoy doing things for her and she appreciates it, that's one thing. If she expects you to constantly spoil her with material things and can't be happy and just appreciate her time with you without that other stuff, she is high maintenance and not worth it.

Dingdingdingding we have a winner, folks!
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    High maintenance is just a personality trait, and it goes both ways. A 7 can become a 10 if she's cool AF...

Yes!!! Can a 6 become a solid 9?
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »

I think we are talking about having a mistress.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    High maintenance is just a personality trait, and it goes both ways. A 7 can become a 10 if she's cool AF...

Yes!!! Can a 6 become a solid 9?

It's possible... at least in my book.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    A guy I was datings mother called me high maintenance once and it bothered me. Sorry I enjoy wearing makeup, getting my hair and nails done and smelling /looking nice... Your son funds none of that so idk what the big deal is. I'm sure some would find it annoying that it takes time to maintain all that but whatevs. I've never thought of a man as insecure for not liking it though.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Not sure what some would consider "high maintenance". I don't consider treating my wife with respect high maintenance. I love spending money on her. Taking luxurious vacations with her. I bought her a new jeep for Christmas. She didn't ask for or expect any of these things, but it makes my day when I see her reaction. I feel like I do all these things for me, because I am happiest when she is happy.

High maintenance means she EXPECTS those things. If you enjoy doing things for her and she appreciates it, that's one thing. If she expects you to constantly spoil her with material things and can't be happy and just appreciate her time with you without that other stuff, she is high maintenance and not worth it.

Agree completely. It's a measure of expectation and appreciation. If the appreciation is in proportional measure...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend is really high maintenance, just the other night she was too lazy to get off the couch so I had to make her pop corn....
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    A guy I was datings mother called me high maintenance once and it bothered me. Sorry I enjoy wearing makeup, getting my hair and nails done and smelling /looking nice... Your son funds none of that so idk what the big deal is. I'm sure some would find it annoying that it takes time to maintain all that but whatevs. I've never thought of a man as insecure for not liking it though.

Yeah that's what I see as high maintenance, and it is what it is.

I like to feel and look nice
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend is really high maintenance, just the other night she was too lazy to get off the couch so I had to make her pop corn....

Up your game to pizza, and I'll ask for your hand in marriage
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Eh I'd call that being a little lazy or being a princess but not high maintenance lol
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »

Up your game to pizza, and I'll ask for your hand in marriage

Lol
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options

Your wife is one lucky lady. Not for the materialistic things you buy her but because you truly are in love with her and you are not ashamed to let people know how much she means to you. That's the best thing you have given her <3

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »

You obviously never met my ex wife.

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

That's not high maintenance, that's highly appreciated.