Myfitnesspal and IIFYM

Options
I have combined myfitnesspall and the If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM) method of dieting, and have had great results so far! Would love to hear from others who are doing the same thing.

Replies

• stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    how did you manage that? I am thinking of trying it
  • medchick82
    medchick82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Currently doing this alongside crossfit and running 3-5x/week and seeing great results!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I pretty much do this. I practice flexible dieting, count macros, hit my calorie goal...I strive for 80% of my diet coming from nutrient dense/whole foods. Strive being the key word. I love my desserts.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm more flexible in my eating than IIFYM, which was originally designed more for body builders etc, but IIFYM is certainly a great system as long as your food choices cover your minimum micros as well. I just wouldn't worry too much about missing by a few grams here and there and make sure you make intelligent food choices as well.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I can either stay within my carb allowance or within my sodium allowance (yes, I know, sodium isn't a macro) but not both. I don't drink (ETA: alcohol is a macro) and I have no problem staying within the fat and protein allowances.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I have started using IIFYM's calcs to adjust my macros. Seems to have helped me out of a plateau and to my goal for the moment. I still do not calculate exercise into my macros though. I like to choose whether or not I eat back some of my exercise calories. So I calculate macros based on sedimentary life with no exercise. Then as I exercise those calories are added. I figure most apps out there over-estimate calorie burn by as much as 30%. So I take off 30% of those exercise calories, then eat back up to half of those if I must. So that keeps me under the initial estimates for calorie/macros but allows me some flexibility depending on how much exercise I do that day.

Seems to work at the moment, but only if I am 100% honest with daily logging.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!