Calories are taking over my life

I have the strong fear of gaining weight, if i eat more than 900 effective calories i go crazy, yesterday i walked alone in my room at night until i reached 10k step and while running or walking i'm constantly looking at how many calories i burn.
I can't just sit and relax or i will feel fat and i'm always comparing my workout plan to other people, i feel like doing my best but at the end there is always someone who exercise more or eat less.
Food is my enemy,the fact is that since july i have lost 12 kg now i don't know how to stop, i'm already underweight i don't want to lose more but people say that since i'm in a starvation mood if i start eating normally i'll gain it all back!!

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    First, there's no such thing as starvation mode. If your body weight gets too low, your body will start converting muscles and other things to fuel, but you will still lose weight.

Second, it sounds like you would benefit from a eating disorder group or talking to your doctor. The kind of relationship you have with food and watching your calories sounds like an unhealthy one, and we're not really qualified to help you beyond giving you links to resources: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    I have the strong fear of gaining weight, if i eat more than 900 effective calories i go crazy, yesterday i walked alone in my room at night until i reached 10k step and while running or walking i'm constantly looking at how many calories i burn.
    I can't just sit and relax or i will feel fat and i'm always comparing my workout plan to other people, i feel like doing my best but at the end there is always someone who exercise more or eat less.
    Food is my enemy,the fact is that since july i have lost 12 kg now i don't know how to stop, i'm already underweight i don't want to lose more but people say that since i'm in a starvation mood if i start eating normally i'll gain it all back!!

Veronica, i mean this to be supportive, but you need to get some professional help (mental health counselor). Weight loss shouldn't be taking over your life. I appreciate the fear of gaining weight you have, because i have it too. However, my desire to live is stronger and if i never lose a lb again, i'm okay with that.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I too mean this to be supportive, but 900 calories a day is not good. I do not know how long you have been eating this way, but your post is directly states to us here in the MFP community that there is an underlying unhealthy relationship with food and with body dysmorphia.

You need to to speak with your doctor, and the sooner the better.

Food should never be someone's enemy.. :'( Calories should never take over someone's life...
    See the correlation in these statements you made?

... goodness it how you stay alive..

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    There are a lot of red flags in your post, not the least of which is: "food is my enemy." Have you considered seeing a professional for some assistance with your relationship to food?
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Each week add 50 calories to your daily goal, and quit obsessing. You'll be fine.