Too fat to fly?

Options
I'm flying in a couple of weeks. It never accoured to me that I might not fit into a seat. I'm flying economy. I don't have my measurements, but I carry most of my weight in my belly, and the rest around my hips/*kitten*. I'm 5"3, 278 lbs (ish). The last time I flew I was about 240 lbs, which was a bit of a snug fit in the seat, but not too bad, and I did not need an extender. Has anyone had any experience with this, the anxiety of not being able to fit into a plane seat? How did it work out for you?

Replies

• bitterrevenge
    bitterrevenge Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have recently been on holiday with someone pretty much the same height and weight as you, they flew on a thomas cook flight in econemy class, rest assured they fit in the seat, it's snug for me and I'm 140lb. Plane seats are snug for everyone!

She did however have to ask for a belt extention, but the flight attendant was very discreat in getting it and passing it to her so I wouldn't be to worried.

Enjoy your flight!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    At my highest (264) the seats were very uncomfortable and I was close to needing an extender. It all depends on how your weight is distributed. Some airlines are making people buy two seats now. You may want to read your airlines policy. Some also have upgrades to economy plus (or even first class) which both have more room.