looking for people wanting to lose 50lbs up

Options
Allira_11
Allira_11 Posts: 21 Member
Hi guys. I am searching for people who have the same goals as i am. i am 25yrs and i'm currently weighing at 185lbs and at 5'2" ( i know i'm a dwarf right? lol) i am totally over my ideal healthy weight of 120-130. so for starters i need to loose about 55lbs. so just add me up and we can hopefully start helping each other. let's go ;)

Replies

• timmyny
    timmyny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 55lbs.. feel free to also add me
  • mbellot05
    mbellot05 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need to lose well over 50 lbs. I have found that really once I get my mental game together it becomes somewhat and I stress somewhat automatic. Also, I have found now that I have a daughter the "want" to lose for her is a lot stronger than just for me.

Feel free to add me.

Best wishes.
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    New to the forums here and was browsing. Happy to make new friends. I was a heavier kid (5'9" who weighed upwards of 260). I've dwindled my way somewhere between the 180-200 range over the last several years. While over the big hurdles, I still have struggles. I'd welcome any of you adding me as a friend - you'll see from my total I could use some!
  • bremasta
    bremasta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :) I need to lose 50lbs but I being saying this for years I can't never stick to this I found it so hard
  • roxymuller
    roxymuller Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How do you add people as I am not sure how to. could someone tell me how. thnx
  • steph2740
    steph2740 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 100 lbs but my first goal is 50 pounds down by the summer! Im new to this but definitely do better with support/motivation! :)
  • SusanMaclaren65
    SusanMaclaren65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too would like to lose 60 lbs. Having a hard time getting in the zone. Winter weather and work schedules limit activity And the other shopper in the house brings lots of goodies. Accountability buddy needed.
  • EllenFlickner
    EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am hoping to lose 75 lbs over the course of the coming year and I'm just started out., but its tough right now in the throws of winter season and working nights, which by everything I read so far; is a tough shift to lose weight on.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm almost 40 lbs into a 100lb weight loss goal. I have worked 3rd shift in the past and while it poses some challenges as far as when and where you eat or exercise I don't think it's as bad as you've heard. The most important thing you will learn is that calories in verses calories out is the key to losing weight. Be sure you are being accurate in your logging. Get a digital food scale and use measuring cups, don't eyeball your portions. Check the boards, there are groups of 3rd shifters who will be happy to help

Good luck!!
  • EllenFlickner
    EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and the suggestions. Good luck to you too.
  • SeizeTheDay2016
    SeizeTheDay2016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me! I am 25, 5'3", and am currently 188 pounds. I'm hoping to lose 60 pounds!!
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 30 and 5'3" with a current weight of 206 lbs. :-/ I have already lost roughly 40 lbs but have a good 60-70 lbs left. Feel free to add me!
  • lanne4c
    lanne4c Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I everyone, I have had a rough year, with a hubby who worked 2nd shift and two smaller children, It didnt' allow for a lot of workout time, but new year, new schedule. I am 37 years old, and am currently 5'9" weighing in at 223. I have a goal of 170 so please count me to this challenge as well. I am trying to stay committed, and accountable. I too am looking for like minds. Please feel free to friend me. I also wear a garmin fitness tracker
  • SusanMaclaren65
    SusanMaclaren65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is inspiring to hear other busy women with the same issues. Kinda makes you want to really commit to health and wellness. Online yoga class tonight.
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ,hoping to lose about 50lbs
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    roxymuller--If you click on someone's name, it brings up a box with some choices, if you click on their name again, it will bring up another screen. In that screen, there will be a choice to "Add as a friend". You can also choose to send them a message. Happy MFP'ing! (Tried to send you a message, but it wouldn't go...)
  • fatkat2fitkit
    fatkat2fitkit Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I think I could use some motivation. I just turned 59 Tuesday, and I need to lose about 58 pounds to be in a healthy range for me. Got started a couple weeks ago and have been tracking everything I eat. No more sugar for me! I find it in so many foods, not just the sweets. I have had difficulty getting motivated to exercise enough, but yesterday took a 35 minute brisk walk. Burned 343 calories! I need to be using the elliptical you see in my picture my girls got me for my 50th birthday. I only get on it every now and again. I've been on it a few times since I started here, so that's a start.
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'2" and 53 lbs. into a 100+ weight loss. I don't have much support for my healthy eating habits in real life, so my MFP pals are my lifeline! Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • itsup2memi
    itsup2memi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have 100 to lose! I am 44. I need all the support I can get. I have tried to get folks at work interested in healthier habits but wow thats a story. Please friend me and we can support each other.
  • FrothyChocolate
    FrothyChocolate Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 19.9 kilos down (43 lbs) so far, and have another 35 kilos to go (all up, 120+ lbs). Started in October last year, and it's going really well. I had some good motivation, though, as my blood test showed I was pre-diabetic. Wasn't having any of that! Bloods are better than normal now. Yay. All the best to everyone. One day at a time, right?!