OMP33 wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    "Eat fat to get fat
    Cholesterol is my friend
    Why Isn't my diet working"

This attempt at a haiku mirrors your attempt at diet advice, in that it doesn't work and is wrong.

Yeah because I'm advising a lot of fat and cholesterol. Nice try though!

Protip: haikus are 5-7-5, not 5-7-8. It's a fundamental fact that you've gotten wrong. Much like LCHF being the bestest diet ever.

I advise HCLF, not LFHC. Nice try again though!

Irony is awesome.

Woops! Guess I fat-fingered that one!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Why must we always be telling others what to eat?

I mean if those people want to physically harm themselves through their diets, then so be it.

DYEL Bro?

• OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    shell1005 wrote: »
    So, I have a question. If everyone in the world was vegan, what would happen to all the milk and eggs? Would we just throw them in the ocean?

(This is in no way knocking the choice to be vegan, I don't care what people eat. Personal choice and all that jazz. I am just genuinely curious.)

If we were all vegan than chickens would no longer be subjected to the horrible conditions of factory farming to get their eggs....and the same with cows and milk. Do you think all the milk, cheese and eggs that the world consumes happens naturally???? Just curious.

I seriously was curious. Obviously, I knew the products made from eggs and milk would cease to exist naturally. Chickens naturally lay eggs and cows naturally produce milk, so I was just thinking if we stopped using the milk and eggs tomorrow, there would be a lot of excess milk and eggs (at least for a period of time).

Then the milk could actually go to raising their calves instead of the calves being taken away from their mother. Also, chickens would go back to normally producing their natural amount of eggs, 17 per year, instead of the 300 per year they've been made to do.

Souhhhh .. where do you get your veal, then? Taking the calves and drinking the milk sounds like a win-win to me ...

That's a sociopath way of thinking
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    edited to delete

Both have a point in everything they're saying though.

what point is that? wishing cancer on people and telling them they hope they die from how they eat? they are both hateful,rude, and wastes of space. they push their "food religion" on others and those that dont follow are wrong and the worst humans out there according to them.sure if you want to be vegan be vegan but dont bash and wish harm on others because they arent. makes the few good vegans out there look bad. not to mention a lot of people are now having health issues due to eating their way.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    Ok I may have missed this because I skipped a couple pages, but did we get clarification on how eating meat is not a choice??

It thinks animals are people. Keeps referring to them as "someone"

I think he's confused - surely he knows that Soylent Green is people?!?

And don't call me Shirley.
  • OMP33
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ok I may have missed this because I skipped a couple pages, but did we get clarification on how eating meat is not a choice??

Eating meat is not a personal choice because it comes at the expense of others.
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Also, chickens would go back to normally producing their natural amount of eggs, 17 per year, instead of the 300 per year they've been made to do.

LOL. You obviously know nothing about chickens.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

In what way?
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

Protip: Animals aren't people.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    So, I have a question. If everyone in the world was vegan, what would happen to all the milk and eggs? Would we just throw them in the ocean?

(This is in no way knocking the choice to be vegan, I don't care what people eat. Personal choice and all that jazz. I am just genuinely curious.)

The cow d'etat will begin

enhanced-buzz-18032-1337635971-5.jpg

FTFY

12479032e34a8e3848f80514f0d312e0f3d4a20be79c42983e25638cce45ebec.jpg

I'm SHOCKED.
    SHOCKED!

t

(That it took 11 pages of this nonsense before someone posted a cat)

Cats eat lots of fat
    And proteins, so they are not
    Applicable here
  • OMP33
    edited January 2016
    Options
    edited to delete

Both have a point in everything they're saying though.

what point is that? wishing cancer on people and telling them they hope they die from how they eat? they are both hateful,rude, and wastes of space. they push their "food religion" on others and those that dont follow are wrong and the worst humans out there according to them.sure if you want to be vegan be vegan but dont bash and wish harm on others because they arent. makes the few good vegans out there look bad. not to mention a lot of people are now having health issues due to eating their way.

I mean what else do you expect when there are a billion animals that get slaughtered each week? The people eating meat advertising the death of sentient beings.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    "Eat fat to get fat
    Cholesterol is my friend
    Why Isn't my diet working"

This attempt at a haiku mirrors your attempt at diet advice, in that it doesn't work and is wrong.

Yeah because I'm advising a lot of fat and cholesterol. Nice try though!

Protip: haikus are 5-7-5, not 5-7-8. It's a fundamental fact that you've gotten wrong. Much like LCHF being the bestest diet ever.

I advise HCLF, not LCHF. Nice try again though!

I am absolutely cracking up at this :D:D:D:D:D
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I really didn't think this thread could get any more ridiculous. I was so very very wrong.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    trolls.gif
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Trovan wrote: »
    Also, chickens would go back to normally producing their natural amount of eggs, 17 per year, instead of the 300 per year they've been made to do.

Even worse, he knows nothing about haikus.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Everyone that thinks a low-carb is good for you and will work in the long-term is wrong. You're pushing your bodies into an ill state called Ketosis. Your body runs off of carbs, I eat 600g of carbs a day with under 40g of protein and 20g of fats. This uninformative and lieing industry is telling us that meat, dairy, and eggs are good for us? That stuff is loaded with cholesterol and will end up hurting you in the long run. Eat a high carb, low fat, vegan/vegetarian (low dairy) diet and live life to the fullest.

600g of Carbs?? What the hell do you eat all day Potatoes, bread, and oatmeal? That's excessive and can even lead to obesity and/or diabetes?
  • OMP33
    Options
    Trovan wrote: »

Please educate me then about your mass knowledge of chickens.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »

If we were all vegan than chickens would no longer be subjected to the horrible conditions of factory farming to get their eggs....and the same with cows and milk. Do you think all the milk, cheese and eggs that the world consumes happens naturally???? Just curious.

I seriously was curious. Obviously, I knew the products made from eggs and milk would cease to exist naturally. Chickens naturally lay eggs and cows naturally produce milk, so I was just thinking if we stopped using the milk and eggs tomorrow, there would be a lot of excess milk and eggs (at least for a period of time).

Then the milk could actually go to raising their calves instead of the calves being taken away from their mother. Also, chickens would go back to normally producing their natural amount of eggs, 17 per year, instead of the 300 per year they've been made to do.

Souhhhh .. where do you get your veal, then? Taking the calves and drinking the milk sounds like a win-win to me ...

That's a sociopath way of thinking

The word you want is psychopath, not sociopath. Here. Learn something. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

In what way?

cause chickens are people and they have feelers, too!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Eating meat is still a personal choice. I decide to eat meat, I eat it. My personal choice.

What isn't a personal choice is being meat, for the enjoyment of others. To eat. Like I do. Every day. Sometimes with A-1.
This discussion has been closed.