Does anyone else sweat exceedingly?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I keep seeing people at the gym running on the treadmill with SWEATERS on... and here I am, walking on it (I usually do it at an incline of 12% or more) and sweating buckets... It's seriously embarrassing, my shirt is completely soaked when I'm done, to the point where I got comments once from a 10 year old girl when I was picking up my kids about how disgusting it was...

But I swear I never see people with that much sweat at the gym. I have a phobia with public showers too so I always end up bringing an extra sweater with me that I can put over my shirt so I don't get sweat on my coat (but even then, it often soaks right through).

What gives? Is anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    two plus pounds of sweat pour out of me every 45 minutes of a workout. I always thought that was normal. If you ain't sweating, you run the risk of overheating.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot too. It's gotten a bit better since losing weight but I still am on the sweatier-than-average end of the spectrum. In fact, I had a slight issue when exercising the other day and when my nephew, who was in the area to play in a hockey tournament, was checking my head to see if I was bleeding, he commented "there's no blood but you're really really sweaty." That from a teenage boy who was airing out his hockey gear in my garage.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I run with a guy that sweats buckets (even in the cold weather). I tell him he looks like he jumped in the lake after a run.

My hair tends to get drenched, too, and I turn an alarming shade of red when I run.

It's annoying but normal for some of us.

~Lyssa
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I don't over sweat, sometimes I find I feel as if I'm not sweating enough. Not as in I'm not working hard, I know that has no correlation, but I get very hot and wish I could sweat to cool better. So I'd trade ya if I could!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm the same way. Other people finish their workouts glistening. I have to wring out my shirt.

Heavy or slim, in-shape or out-of-shape, winter or summer, with a fan blowing on me or not. It's just the way my body is. I even sweat when I'm running outside in the winter and I feel cold.

I also turn bright red.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Some people sweat a lot more than others. It's a fact!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    My whole family. We call it our "high efficiency cooling system" .
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Same here...glad I work out at home because I would have the same problem of the shower and looks...when I finished my run on the treadmill today it looked like I just stepped out of the shower with my clothes on...very embarrassing so I make sure I work out only at home
  • rubypallas
    rubypallas Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot also. Wet hair, clothes, can't wear makeup and I always wear knee length skirts and short sleeve shirts. I have a coat but carry it more than wear it and carry and fan with me at all time. It's embarrassing too but I have always been like this. Thin or fat, in or out of shape. Ha ha! I can literally wring out my headbands when I am done working out! They literally run like a faucet! But I certainly feel clean and completely detoxed. Dont worry about it and just enjoy your body's management of itself! :D
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    oh yes,,,,, I sweat and sweat, yep,,,, but I see that as all good.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I have a medical condition. I don't go to a gym because I don't want anyone to notice I'm sweating. I also sweat even in a/c.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I sweat A LOT. I have no idea how people workout in long sleeves at the gym (running in cold weather is another story). I tend to sweat regardless of what I do, but I sweat the most while in spin classes. There is always a puddle under my bike at the end of the class. It's gross. I have a friend who doesn't bring a towel because she doesn't sweat in that same class. I don't get it.
  • JenR1008
    JenR1008 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I sweat in social situations due to anxiety. That being said, if someone is working out and not sweating I would think they have a medical issue. The body sweats to cool off. If you are not sweating you are not doing it correctly.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I sweat a lot, soaking through shirts and pants. I always wear dark color. I don't have a problem with it for myself or others, as long as they wipe off the machine when they are done. I do the same.

SWEAT HAPPENS, SO.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I used to be self-conscious about it but now I embrace it. I love working up a good sweat!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I used to sweat a lot more than I do now. The exception is the Jacob's Ladder. Whenever I get near one of those, I nearly drown in my own sweat.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    I run with a guy that sweats buckets (even in the cold weather). I tell him he looks like he jumped in the lake after a run.

My hair tends to get drenched, too, and I turn an alarming shade of red when I run.

It's annoying but normal for some of us.

~Lyssa

Im the same way
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    for some a condition called hyperhydrosis exists.its a medical condition. but for some of us its not that and excessive sweating is normal. Im also in peri-menopause so I can break a sweat just sitting here too.
  • BananableLector
    BananableLector Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I sweat but about 6 months ago I decided to try aluminum free deodorant because I was tired of yellow pits and want to avoid the potential health risks. Since then I've actually noticed I sweat less in my underarms. Would you believe it.. not using an antiperspirant and I sweat LESS!! I actually read of a lot of people seeing that happen, something with your sweat glands producing more to make up for the blocked sweat glands. Who knows, it might be worth a shot.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I can do a moderately tough workout (like ~80%HRM) and just have a nice sheen going on. The minute I do any intensity stuff (~90%HRM), I start pouring buckets. Its like a dam broke. I like it, but have the benefit of doing it in the privacy of my home.