Slow start

I've been eating well for a week and a half and have gone to the gym every day during that time. I've been told by a trainer what exercises to do, and for how long, and what percentages I should have my goals set on. He also told me no grains, potatoes, rice, etc. I have lost like a pound. What am I doing wrong?? I need to lose 100lbs and I feel like it's going to take forever. Please give me some motivation!

Replies

• juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Just hang in there. Someone will inevitably post the flow chart titled "Why Am I Not Losing Weight"...it's a good reminder that weight loss is a slow process. Losing a pound in 1.5 weeks is actually a great start. It's not going to drop off overnight, so focus on the little victories (like following your plan every day) and don't dwell on the scale for awhile. Try sticking to you plan without weighing yourself for a month. I bet when you do step on the scale again you'll be lighter than you are now. Also, take your measurements and re-measure yourself once every 6 weeks or so. Sometimes you'll see progress through inches lost rather than weight. Keep it up and you'll do fine!
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    I'll also add that I have 85+ pounds still to lose, so I do understand where you're coming from. I just want to be fit already!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Consistency is key! You aren't going to see huge changes after just a week. Track your progress every month - before/after pictures, measurements, weight, etc. That way you see more of a change and feel motivated instead of giving up at the slow progress.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,111 Member
    Losing weight in a healthy way is a slow process. You should lose about 1 pound a week. Don't give up. You will start seeing results soon.