Runners! And non-runners! Looking for a muddy, fun, tough ra

Options
Hey everyone, I just have to tell you about this race I ran on Sunday. It's called the Warrior Dash. It's a ~3 mile course with all sorts of obstacles such as climbing over cars, climbing a rope ladder, trudging through a mud pit, hurdling over fire, and crawling under barbed wire. Now if you don't run, but would still like to do it, don't worry, plenty of people walk the whole thing! Don't worry about time with this, it's all about fun. They have races in every region of the country. For signing up you get a t-shirt, a medal, a warrior helmet, and a free beer. It's usually a two-day event and it's so much fun if you are into getting dirty! here is a link!

http://www.warriordash.com/

I have pictures from the day, let me know if you'd like to see them!

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    HAHA I did it too last weekend, the Midwest one. I've never been more dirty in my entire life!!! I did think it was a bit too expensive for the event, probably won't do it again. It was a fun one time thing! If you have a pic, sure post it. I don't have any, too muddy to hold the camera.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I did the Midwest one too! We probably saw each other haha. Considering what you get for the amount, I thought it was pretty good. I've paid just as much to run a half marathon and only get a t-shirt. And for those courses all they have is a port-a-potty and mile markers.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see pics! This sounds awesome!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    ahhh!! I am upset I have never known about this! boo :( there is also the Mud run!! check it out! ( just google mud run and your state )
  • amg_89
    Options
    Ok! I will post all the photos I have from it on my profile, I don't know how to do it here.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Host the pictures to tinypic.com and then copy the IMG] and copy it here, but change the IMG to lowercase img.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I posted a thing about this last week! I am going to run/walk the Northwest one with a bunch of friends in September.

Cannot Wait!!!!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I want to do it sooooooooo bad! But, the one in the mid-atlantic is on my sister's wedding! Grrrrr. I guess this is a good goal for next year. I can't wait!
  • fast72
    fast72 Posts: 7
    Options
    Sounds like a blast to me! Too bad there isn't one in Alaska!!!
  • amg_89
    Options
    2vdipab.jpg

2ex9cnc.jpg

24zg5yx.jpg

25s5q9s.jpg

55fnc.jpg

fchua.jpg

3532mxj.jpg

jajdqb.jpg