Any breastfeeding toddler moms on here?

Options
mkh858
mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
Hey, I'm new to the Community, but not new to MVP. I currently have almost one year old twins and am still nursing them 5 times a day. I would love to connect with other nursing mothers with a toddler. Would love any tips about nursing after one..since I'm a new mommy...thanks

Replies

• BellaMagee
    BellaMagee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP and also looking to connect with others for motivation and support. I'm also nursing a toddler (it's more like she does acrobatic nursing nowadays!) who just turned two. I don't know any other moms who are nursing either, so hopefully we will have others chime in as well!
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm still nursing my 2 year old daughter on demand. Never thought I'd let her nurse this long but she is our last baby so I'm going to let her self wean. Hopefully it's before kindergarten lol. Twins...wow you go mama! I couldn't imagine double the nursing for that long. Good luck on your goals!
  • mkh858
    Options
    BellaMagee wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new to MFP and also looking to connect with others for motivation and support. I'm also nursing a toddler (it's more like she does acrobatic nursing nowadays!) who just turned two. I don't know any other moms who are nursing either, so hopefully we will have others chime in as well!

Well I can't figure how to add someone so if you'd like we can share ideas. My twins will be one soon and I don't see them weaning anytime soon.
  • daninmiles
    daninmiles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of twins too! They are only 5 months though, but still nursing and hope to go as long as possible. Good job on one year! I'm trying to make sure that while I get fit again and start eating better, I'm consuming enough to keep up my supply up.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My youngest is only five months, but I nursed my older three kids to ages 2-2.5 years. I plan to do the same this time. Feel free to add me.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    To add someone you can go to the find members tab and enter their screen name, then send a friend request. I just sent you one @mkh858
  • mkh858
    Options
    daninmiles wrote: »
    I'm a mom of twins too! They are only 5 months though, but still nursing and hope to go as long as possible. Good job on one year! I'm trying to make sure that while I get fit again and start eating better, I'm consuming enough to keep up my supply up.

It gets easier aroynd 6 months I'd say with my twins. I've had to supplement s few times, but overallthey get breast milk. Yes, I know now that pretty soon my twinkies will wean cuz they are getting more solids. What kind of twins do you have?
  • vietscotdot
    vietscotdot Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im not new to mfp but new to the community part. I am nursing my 18 month old and struggling to lose the last of the baby weight. Have any of you any success stories? Or helpful advice?
  • lulugoesketo15
    lulugoesketo15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm still nursing my youngest he's almost 9 months and I'm worried about calorie intake and nursing I don't want cutting calories to a healthy range for me to lose weight take away from my nursing my son
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My daughter will be two next month and if she has her way she'll never wean. Though... I sort of like having the extra calories to eat, so I'm not pushing it too hard. :D Feel free to add me for support!

I don't have any tips. My daughter goes to daycare and only nurses in the evenings/night during the week and whenever she can get me to sit down on the weekend. Supply hasn't been an issue even though I no longer pump. Controlling my appetite is my main struggle. I just have to make sure I'm not mindlessly snacking. I think once you hit 9+ months, it's pretty easy to just keep doing what you've been doing.
  • MommaMonkeyNgo
    MommaMonkeyNgo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Still Comfort nursing my 2yo.
  • stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Still nursing my two year old and ttc. Feel free to add me.
  • vietscotdot
    vietscotdot Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how to add, but feel free to add me until i figure it out.