My MFP girlfriend just dumped me

Options
nm2bsc
nm2bsc Posts: 111 Member
Well I'm here just posting in behave of my (ahem) friend.
And his girlfriend just dumped him.
It was the typical scenario where the girl says "I'm having a hard day". The boyfriend (my friend) tried to help by being there for her. Faced with such attention the girlfriend says "please leave me alone", the boyfriend knew better than to leave her alone but I guess she meant it 'cause now she sent him to hell.
I know so much cause my friend is a very talkative and detailed guy :#

So here are my question for you the men: What do you do if she says 'fine!' when you know it's not fine or 'leave me alone'?

And for the ladies: why do you get all offended if the bf leaves you alone after you ask for it, it seams like a no win situation for the guys :neutral:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How old is your 'friend' and his girlfriend?
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    sorry I don't get offended if I have asked to be left alone or I say I am fine.. that means I am dealing and don't want you hovering..go away or changed the subject I don't wish to talk about it!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • nm2bsc
    nm2bsc Posts: 111 Member
    Options

lets just say 25 - 95 yrs old
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nm2bsc wrote: »

lets just say 25 - 95 yrs old

Really??
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If she says leave her alone then either show sympathy or empathy get her a nice snack or hot drink or give her the tv remote or a foot rub or whatever
    Or just leave her alone seriously why do guys always think they need to fix things
    Your friend probably talked her ear off giving her stupid helpful suggestions

• MaxPower6868
    MaxPower6868 Posts: 220 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    She didn't say "fine". She said "leave me alone". In that case, you leave her alone; you stand by until she cools off enough to discuss what is bothering her.

The same with "fine". It either means she is too upset to talk about it (which is good because she will calm down and you can talk later) OR she doesn't think you have grasped the full extent to which you f*cked up, and anything you say will not be taken as an apology or corrective action for what you did but rather a way to appease her to make her happy at that moment. And nothing is going to piss her off more than you trying to make her feel better at that moment without dealing with the issue that got her in that state to begin with. If you don't think you did anything wrong, or at least can't see how SHE thinks you did anything wrong, you are only going to dig your hole deeper and deeper with every action and every word. Her "FINE" is a warning to you to put down your shovel and think about it before you continue.
  • Darklords
    Options
    She didn't say "fine". She said "leave me alone". In that case, you leave her alone; you stand by until she cools off enough to discuss what is bothering her.

The same with "fine". It either means she is too upset to talk about it (which is good because she will calm down and you can talk later) OR she doesn't think you have grasped the full extent to which you f*cked up, and anything you say will not be taken as an apology or corrective action for what you did but rather a way to appease her to make her happy at that moment. And nothing is going to piss her off more than you trying to make her feel better at that moment without dealing with the issue that got her in that state to begin with. If you don't think you did anything wrong, or at least can't see how SHE thinks you did anything wrong, you are only going to dig your hole deeper and deeper with every action and every word. Her "FINE" is a warning to you to put down your shovel and think about it before you continue.

hahah smart man!!
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    When i saw leave me alone it means get lost i cannot deal with you
    Its an evolutionary survival mechanism to keep cavewomen from losing their ish
    Doesn't mean i don't want tissues for my issues but i really cannot deal with you trying to fix my problems
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    And next we can solve world piece! :D
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    If I say "leave me alone", I want attention.
    If I say, "I'm fine", I want attention.
    If I say, "I hate you", I want attention.

I always want attention. If I don't, I'll go somewhere where you can't find me. I'm not the cool off in silence type. Just give me attention.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »

I always want attention. If I don't, I'll go somewhere where you can't find me. I'm not the cool off in silence type. Just give me attention.

Yep same here :)
  • Darklords
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    And next we can solve world piece! :D

good luck with that
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options

...girl logic?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

THIS is the truth---and here I thought men didn't understand women.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Because asking for what you want/need would make things too difficult?
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    If I say "leave me alone", I want bacon.
    If I say, "I'm fine", I want bacon.
    If I say, "I hate you", I want lotsa bacon.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    nm2bsc wrote: »
    Well I'm here just posting in behave of my (ahem) friend.
    And his girlfriend just dumped him.
    It was the typical scenario where the girl says "I'm having a hard day". The boyfriend (my friend) tried to help by being there for her. Faced with such attention the girlfriend says "please leave me alone", the boyfriend knew better than to leave her alone but I guess she meant it 'cause now she sent him to hell.
    I know so much cause my friend is a very talkative and detailed guy :#

So here are my question for you the men: What do you do if she says 'fine!' when you know it's not fine or 'leave me alone'?

And for the ladies: why do you get all offended if the bf leaves you alone after you ask for it, it seams like a no win situation for the guys :neutral:

I3g0K63.gif

LOL!!! I am a big GoT fan and I cracked up laughing.

Yeah, I dont get it... its like we are damned if we do and damned if we dont. I at least make an attempt to be there / helpful, ect but if I am told 2x's that it is fine then Im walking away and if she wants she can talk to me if she chooses. At least I will not be thoguht of that I am a dont care kind of guy.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no wonder men think women are crazy.

if i want to talk about my problem/day i will.

if i dont, im unlikely to bring it up or just skate over it if asked about my day.

im not going to say i dont want to talk about it and then get in a huff when i get the 'wrong' response.

im too old for those games.