New to healthy eating. Looking for like-minded friends.

Options
seanoxmix
seanoxmix Posts: 31 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I am a 36 year old male who wants to go from 263 to 170 this year. Lofty goal, but I am really motivated (at the moment). I've been obese since childhood and mostly in denial that it bothers me, but taking the first steps to change now. I started at the beginning of the year, not really knowing what to do, but I've dropped 10 lbs. I'm still in the, "wow, that tiny bit is a normal serving size, huh?" and "wait.. fiber? I need that?" phase. I'm realizing weird things about myself, like it was really upsetting to me the first time I decided to throw away food because I was full. Sounds crazy, I know. Apparently I was told to clean up my plate as a kid and never bothered to grow up. Anyway, I realize I am rambling. I'd love some like-minded friends for mutual support if you're interested. I know my sudden decision to change my entire outlook on food will have its ups and downs. The donut at work I passed on yesterday is still calling to me even though it's stale by now, ugh! Time to log another sugarless gum.