Accountability Partner

Options
Hello everyone! I'm 41 years old , 5'4", and 160lbs.. The extra weight I'm carrying is causing other problems physically! Online support is cool, but looking for someone near me as a source of support, motivation, and accountability and vise versa. I often start to lose, 2-5 lbs, and gain it back. I live in the Nashville, TN area. If interested, please respond!

Replies

• rairepete
    rairepete Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not in your area but I'd be happy to offer support long distance. I'm 32, 5'3", 157lbs and live in RI. I started at 174lbs and after the original loss I stagnated for a year. I'm getting back on track now and would love an accountability partner with similar stats!
  • chocoluvdlite
    chocoluvdlite Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That would be great! I'm Tiffany.
  • Denkko
    Denkko Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Tiffany (or anyone else reading this post, for that matter), I just turned 60 and can hardly believe I'm that old! I don't look or feel my age at all. I'm 5'2" and weigh 138. I know that isn't too bad, but as I've aged my once firm body had gotten soft all over. My BMI registers in the "at risk" zone for heart disease and my body fat percentage is 33%. I'm trying to lose 10 lb and build muscle. It seems a modest enough goal, but ive been doing it alone and wonder if sharing will speed things along. I live in Texas but will support and encourage you from here if you'll do the same for me.
    That would be great! I'm Tiffany.
  • chocoluvdlite
    Options
    Great! Nice meeting you!!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey Tiffany! I live in Atlanta. Today I turn 39. im 5'2" and 163 lbs. Its been an up and down journey. I log on quite frequently. ..pretty much everyday. im all about support. That's why we're all here. Even tho its been rocky...losing and gaining im still not where I used to be...220lbs so I understand the struggle and also know it's all about the long road!
  • kvanae
    kvanae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the ATL as well! Let's do this
  • chocoluvdlite
    Options
    I love it!! Wonderful! How do we and how often want to check in with each other? My problem is with meal planning. I'm tired of eating the same things. Additionally, I find myself snacking instead of eating when I get of work and even when I was working out. I looking to start water aerobics as it would be less stressful on my body. How about you all?
  • Monnie67
    Monnie67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiffany I don't live in your area, Philadelphia but I'm 49 5'1 I'm 141lbs I'm 12lbs shy of my goal. It's hard work but you can do it. I see the results of what I'm doing and I feel better and looking better thru change. Good luck on your journey
  • chocoluvdlite
    Options
    Thanks!!!