Why is my weightloss at a stand still! Please Help

Options
Tnia
Tnia Posts: 52 Member
I have lost 15lbs to 20lbs weight in one year. I end up gaining some back. I increased my workout by working out 5 days a week. I

lost the weight but maybe 2 weeks later it back at the same weight.Im really getting frustrated about this.I stop my diet soda and

my sweet craving but still no weight what am Im doing wrong?Please help me

Replies

• coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    can you open your diary?
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    First off, if you open your diary, people who want to help can make much more informed suggestions.

Second, what is your height and current weight. How many calories are you eating in a day? Do you eat back exercise calories? (In fact, are you following mfp guidelines, TDEE, or something else). Do you use a food scale?

What kind of workout are you doing? Just cardio, or weights too?

You may be eating more calories than you think. On the other hand, you may not be eating enough calories.

It also might be helpful to know how much you gained back and lost again (and came back again). It could be water retention … how's your sodium been the last few weeks? Could you be near TOM?

I'd love to give you some suggestions, but I could be barking up the wrong tree without knowing more of your situation. :smile:
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    try to decrease carbs as much as possible
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    same situation-here for answers....:sad:
  • broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I increased my workout by working out 5 days a week.

Losing weight is 80% Diet.

Concentrate more effort on your diet.
    Get a food scale, weigh every single thing that goes into your mouth.

Exercise is not going to do a thing if your diet is not in order.
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you are eating right, and working out/being active...I would say you just need to switch up your workout routine. There are times when our bodies get too used to repetition and it just becomes that...repetitive. We all know when we do something over and over again it gets easier. Your body is probably used to the workouts you have been doing, and needs to be challenged to "wake up".
  • thanhdle
    thanhdle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, you're going to have to eat even less to continue to lose those pounds. So if you're continuing to eat the same amount before when you initially started off, your weight loss is going to plateau. Log everything you eat
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, you're going to have to eat even less to continue to lose those pounds. So if you're continuing to eat the same amount before when you initially started off, your weight loss is going to plateau. Log everything you eat

Myfitnesspal will prompt the user to recalculate their Goals every ten pounds. Please don't confuse the issue if you are not aware of how this program works.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    try to decrease carbs as much as possible

I do not want to appear rude, but why?

I am interested how it would help stop a plateau
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I have lost 15lbs to 20lbs weight in one year. I end up gaining some back. I increased my workout by working out 5 days a week. I

lost the weight but maybe 2 weeks later it back at the same weight.Im really getting frustrated about this.I stop my diet soda and

my sweet craving but still no weight what am Im doing wrong?Please help me

Hi Tnia,

It is difficult for anyone to give you constructive advice without seeing your diary. Or even what you weigh/height at this moment.

IMHO what has worked for me is following the MFP guidelines. Are you sticking with the goals you have set? Are those goals right?

Are you logging everything in your diary. do not guess the amounts you are eating. Are you missing stuff from your diary that you think do not matter much?
  • blackbikini50
    blackbikini50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ;
  • thanhdle
    thanhdle Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Myfitnesspal will prompt the user to recalculate their Goals every ten pounds. Please don't confuse the issue if you are not aware of how this program works.

I am aware of how the program works. But I would say its more effective to calculate it yourself rather than wait until 10lbs lost for maximal results. Even after you lose 1 lbs, your caloric maintenance changes.
  • Tnia
    Options
    Im sorry I didnt know it was private
  • Tnia
    Options
    5'2 It goes in between 193 to 199.But also looking at the picture before and after it more muscle tone than fat I really dont know
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary for the last week - you are not eating enough. (I am assuming that it is fairly accurate for most days). You are eating under 1000 calories a day, that is just not enough to keep your metabolism up. Don't be afraid of food. Good, healthy, nutritious food is your friend. Lots of fruits and vegetables and whole grains and proteins (lean meats, beans, nuts, dairy, etc) to fill up that calories goal that MFP gave you.

Some people are scared of eating more when they are losing weight. But in the long run, it is better to eat more and lose more slowly than to tank out partway through the journey (or go back to old habits once weight is off and gain it all back). My suggestion would be to eat all of the calories MFP gives you, including at least half your exercise calories. Give it at least a month, as it may take a bit for your metabolism to readjust.

Also, keep exercising. You mention that you're seeing more muscle tone than before - that's great! Exercise does this for you. I know of a lot of people who add weight lifting a few times a week, and it really helps them break through their plateau (plus makes you look better :wink:). If all you're doing right now is cardio, work a few days of some sort of resistance -- even if it's Jillian Michaels! You don't have to spend a lot to go to a gym and "lift heavy" right away to see results. (For the record, I have done both. I do prefer lifting at the gym, but I also see results with JM - and it's a fun workout! Just make sure the weight you use is heavy enough to be challenging, you should feel the burn by the end of each circuit!)

Hope this helps! :smile: