From Obese to Curvy in all the right places.

Options
OlgaGetsFit
OlgaGetsFit Posts: 24 Member
edited January 2016 in Success Stories
I started my weight loss Journey February 1, 2015. I had tried and failed 1,000 times for the past 10 years. I finally got tired of my own excuses and decided that no matter I would keep going. I had no clue how to eat healthy or how to work out. I started with this app and tracked my food. I then found a free youtube channel with great work outs named fitnessblender. I struggled with severe anxiety and depression. But, I soon realized how much the work outs helped ease my anxiety. I would go weeks doing well and weeks struggling to get back on track but no matter what I got back on. I still struggle and my weight loss has averaged out to about 6 pounds per month. I keep myself motivated with 3x5 cards in my pocket or purse. Every night I write down tomorrows goal and do my best to keep it. I plan my work outs ahead of time and know what I am going to do. I still have a long way to go, I am not even half way there yet but I know that as long as I am alive I will keep working on this goal. It's an incredible honor to look back as I type and remember how badly I wanted to change. I read every story on here I could possibly read and thought "why not me?" what makes them successful and not me? Well, it's the dedication and determination to change and willingness to make it happen.

The first time I worked out, outside my home I was severely insecure. I went to this mountain trail named Hellman's Trail where each mountain is harder than the last one. It took me 2 hours to do 2.8 miles. I would take 10 steps, stop and breath. People starred. Lots and lots of people passed me and some girls even gave me a disgusted look. I kept myself positive and told myself, "This is your goal, this is for you, don't worry about anything else." I tuned it all out and focused on the beautiful mountain. I am now able to climb up with out stopping and run all the way down. My PR is a 5 mile hike in under 90 minutes and improving. I write this because it's important to know this is for you, not any one else.

Lastly, looking through others pictures, videos and reading motivational quotes is a great way to get inspired. I did that. But inspiration is temporary, it only lasts for as long as you can remember the post or picture. Inspiration can spark that fire in you but it's up to you to feed it and make it grow. I would strongly recommend reading motivational books instead. Remember at the end it's just you and your personal goal.

Thank you for reading and I hope I could in some way help spark that little fire waiting to burn with in.

3av2qf7yvxmx.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!