Helpppp

I'm really tempted to eat cookies or something sweet but I need to stay strict to myself what would you guys advise me to do to stop the cravings

Replies

• jnewheiser
    jnewheiser Posts: 5 Member
    I'm obsessed with the 40 calorie fudge bars Popsicle makes - I have one every single day and it helps curb the sweet cravings.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Instead of garfing 300 calories worth of chocolate, I have two small hard candies-really works and is about 12 calories each.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Learn how to work the cookies into your meal plan. Find low calorie options, try frozen fruits. Mix it up. Eat what you want.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    I would suggest adding more protein to your day, as it can help make you feel less hungry...hence less cookie/sweet cravings.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited January 2016
    According to your diary, you have almost 600 calories left today. Have a cookie or something sweet. Keep it within your calorie goal, and you are fine. Honestly, there is no need to punish yourself by denying yourself the things you enjoy. Is there a specific reason you feel that you have to be so strict?
  • gabbiil
    gabbiil Posts: 11 Member
    Just fit it into your macros otherwise it will just make you want to binge in the long run :smile:
  • Kyuubi4dead
    Kyuubi4dead Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you all for the great advice and this is a very supportive group I hope to improve my eating habits
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Thank you all for the great advice and this is a very supportive group I hope to improve my eating habits

It took me a while to figure out that I could eat a lot of amazing foods throughout the day and still enjoy a serving of ice cream or beer in the evening. There is so much great information available to you. I suggest reading the stickied posts at the top of this forum called "Most Helpful Posts." There is also a similar thread (different posts) in the general diet forum. Lots of great info!
  • Kyuubi4dead
    Thanks nutmeg oreo.pancake I will take a look and get some pointers
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    When I have a super craving for dessert I have a few banana slices topped with a little peanut butter and a bit of honey drizzled on top, 3 or 4 of those and I am good to go.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    I agree completely that there's no reason not to work a cookie into your budget when you have room. On the other hand, we all have those foods that it's hard to eat just one of. It's good to find a replacement that leaves us feeling like, "OK, that was great, and one is enough." I like the banana-peanut butter idea.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    According to your diary, you have almost 600 calories left today. Have a cookie or something sweet. Keep it within your calorie goal, and you are fine. Honestly, there is no need to punish yourself by denying yourself the things you enjoy. Is there a specific reason you feel that you have to be so strict?

This! I eat some M&M's almost every day and I've lost steadily in the past few weeks. It's all in maintaining your calorie deficit.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,105 Member
    Let yourself have a little treat that will fit in your calorie goal. For me the only thing that will stop a chocolate craving is chocolate. I really like the fiber one brownies and they are only 90 calories. If you can fit it into your calories then it is ok to have it.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,105 Member
    jnewheiser wrote: »
    I'm obsessed with the 40 calorie fudge bars Popsicle makes - I have one every single day and it helps curb the sweet cravings.

I haven't had these in years. These are going on my grocery list right now.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    cookies are tough. it's hard to find a low calorie cookie. if you can't fit it int your day, there's some low calorie desserts. There's a couple of options:

Weight watchers giant fudge bars ~100 calories
    Fat free fudge bars ~ 100 calories
    small popsicles
    hard candy
    sugar free jello ~10 calories a serving
    sugar free pudidng ~ 80 calories a serving
    Edy's half fat ice cream ~ 110 calories a serving

you can also try making your own protein powder-based desserts. just google, there's a ton of recipes.
  • Kyuubi4dead
    jacklifts wrote: »
    cookies are tough. it's hard to find a low calorie cookie. if you can't fit it int your day, there's some low calorie desserts. There's a couple of options:

Weight watchers giant fudge bars ~100 calories
    Fat free fudge bars ~ 100 calories
    small popsicles
    hard candy
    sugar free jello ~10 calories a serving
    sugar free pudidng ~ 80 calories a serving
    Edy's half fat ice cream ~ 110 calories a serving

you can also try making your own protein powder-based desserts. just google, there's a ton of recipes.

I'll take a look into it and taste them thanks for the help
  • Kyuubi4dead
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Let yourself have a little treat that will fit in your calorie goal. For me the only thing that will stop a chocolate craving is chocolate. I really like the fiber one brownies and they are only 90 calories. If you can fit it into your calories then it is ok to have it.

I forgot about the brownies bars I'll try to get back into them instead of cookies
  • Kyuubi4dead
    When I have a super craving for dessert I have a few banana slices topped with a little peanut butter and a bit of honey drizzled on top, 3 or 4 of those and I am good to go.

That's sound delicious I'll try that out later this week
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Sugarless gum is my go-to craving stopper. Also unsweetened tea.
  • Kyuubi4dead
    Sugarless gum is my go-to craving stopper. Also unsweetened tea.

Sugarless gum I got to try that out