Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello I'm mel

Hi. Im 40 yr old and from the uk I weigh 13 stone ( can't remember that in lbs). Started week one at 13.3 stone so going well. Im doing good ish with my diet. I'm fit but Dr has said I have high blood pressure so has pushed me to get fitter. I've just had an op (novasure) and feeling much better after that. Just looking for support :).
I have a weak knee so runnings not on the cards but I have been walking and brisk walking using pacer.

Replies

• BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member

Welcome to MFP!

Your starting weight of 13.3 stone is roughly 186 lbs, so you've lost about 4lbs already since week 1. Well done!!

I know what it's like to struggle against joint problems (arthritis in knees, feet & shoulders here). The trick is to find low strain and low impact exercises. Have you tried a mini hydronic twist stepper?

They're pretty inexpensive and small too. I use mind in the evening while watching TV, to break my lazy couch potato habit. I don't know if it would work for you, but I suppose you could buy one off Amazon then return it if it's not for you.

Best of luck on your journey and feel free to add me